Calculate by QxMD - Clinical calculators & decision support tools for healthcare providers. Free!
From the maker of the apps 'The ECG Guide' and 'Pedi STAT' comes 'Calculate', a next-generation medical calculator and decision support tool, freely available to the medical community.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1
The vOICe (Android) The vOICe translates live views from the phone's camera into sounds that you hear via the phone's speaker or headset, thus targeting sensory substitution applications for the totally blind, and even synthetic vision
Eye Test Eye Test is a app that can test your eyes color-blindness.The test was very easy，you just need to answer that number that you see in the picture ,than write it down in the text button.If your answer is right ,you can pass
First Aid What if there is an accident? What if someone breaks his arm, becomes unconscious, or even stops breathing or his heart stops to beat? Do you know what to do?
BP Calculator It is a health application. This application is very important and a MUST have application in your android device which measures the blood pressure on the go
Contractions Contractions - Program for calculating duration and interval of contractions in pregnant women
Diabetes Tracker Lite Do you suffer with Diabetes? Now record your Glucose levels for ready reference with you.Enter your details like Name, Age, Gender, Blood Group, height, weight (SI/US units) etc. Enter your daily / periodic blood sugar readings in the Application
Beauty Tips Free beauty tips and advise so every woman or teen girl can be a homemade natural beauty. This is your year to look and feel like you belong in a beauty pageant. You will discover more than the usual talent search makeup tricks for hair, skin and eyes