MSDict Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus - WordNet is a large lexical English database with up to 140,000 entries and more than 1.4 million words, developed by the Cognitive Science Laboratory at Princeton University.
Instead of following the standard dictionary format, the WordNet dictionary is organized with an innovative and convenient approach. Nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are grouped into sets of cognitive synonyms, interlinked by means of conceptual-semantic and lexical relations. In addition to the straightforward definition the dictionary shows how each word is linked to other words in terms of synonyms, opposites and similar words, but also hyponyms and hyperlinks within the group.
The resulting network of meaningfully related words and concepts:
* helps you to better understand the word meanings,
* facilitates the quick finding of the correct meaning,
* allows you to quickly memorize words. A Comprehensive Dictionary and Thesaurus:
· Straightforward and precise definitions of over 140,000 words with more than 250,000 links and 1.4 million words.
· Synonyms, antonyms, similar and related words to help you make your writing and speech more interesting.
· Hypernyms (more generic words), hyponyms (subordinate words) and meronyms (part names)
· Examples illustrate how words are used and show typical constructions and collocations.
The MSDict Dictionary Format:
· Quick dynamic search of words while you type
· Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
· Hyperlinks between different related words
· History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
· Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
· Support for memory cards
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.0, Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
Cambridge School Dictionary The Cambridge School Dictionary is the perfect study companion for students studying other subjects through English. It includes vocabulary from all the main CLIL