MSDict Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus (Android)
Categories: Dictionary & Translator
Upload date: 19 Nov 10
Developer: Mobile Systems
Downloads: 25233 File Size: 588 Kb
Rating: 2.7/5 (Total votes: 60)
MSDict Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus - WordNet is a large lexical English database with up to 140,000 entries and more than 1.4 million words, developed by the Cognitive Science Laboratory at Princeton University.
Instead of following the standard dictionary format, the WordNet dictionary is organized with an innovative and convenient approach. Nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are grouped into sets of cognitive synonyms, interlinked by means of conceptual-semantic and lexical relations. In addition to the straightforward definition the dictionary shows how each word is linked to other words in terms of synonyms, opposites and similar words, but also hyponyms and hyperlinks within the group.
The resulting network of meaningfully related words and concepts:
* helps you to better understand the word meanings,
* facilitates the quick finding of the correct meaning,
* allows you to quickly memorize words. A Comprehensive Dictionary and Thesaurus:
· Straightforward and precise definitions of over 140,000 words with more than 250,000 links and 1.4 million words.
· Synonyms, antonyms, similar and related words to help you make your writing and speech more interesting.
· Hypernyms (more generic words), hyponyms (subordinate words) and meronyms (part names)
· Examples illustrate how words are used and show typical constructions and collocations.
The MSDict Dictionary Format:
· Quick dynamic search of words while you type
· Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
· Hyperlinks between different related words
· History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
· Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
· Support for memory cards
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.0, Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
Free Dictionary Org English Dictionary that gives you English definitions, synonyms, pronunciation, spelling and more
Advanced English & Thesaurus The "Different" English DictionaryThis dictionary is FREE for the Android platformWordNet® is a large lexical database of English with up to 140,000 entries and more than 1.4 million words, developed by the Cognitive Science Laboratory at Princeton University
Pocket Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus The Pocket English Dictionary features over 140,000 words and translations and offers excellent coverage of English as an international language and thousands of examples illustrate idiomatic usage
Pocket Oxford Spanish Dictionary (Smph) 2 in 1: an OXFORD Spanish-English-Spanish dictionary with MSDict Viewer containing 90,000 words, phrases, definitions, and pronunciation and over 130,000 translations
Diets Diets is specially designed to facilitate your dieting and life-style needs on the go
Audio Cambridge School Dictionary (Android) The Audio Cambridge School Dictionary is the perfect study companion for students studying other subjects through English. Every word is explained in clear, simple English