WISER for Android - First responders in general, and HAZMAT units in particular, must make many decisions quickly in handling hazardous-materials incidents. They need accurate information about the hazardous substances, the emergency resources available, and the surrounding environmental conditions to save lives and minimize the impact on the environment and physical property. The WISER application extracts content from TOXNET's Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), an authoritative, peer-reviewed information resource maintained by the National Library of Medicine, and places that information into the hands of those who need it most.
· Rapid access to the most important information about a hazardous substance by an intelligent synopsis engine and display called "Key Info"
· Intuitive, simple, logical user interface developed by working with experienced first responders
· Comprehensive decision support, including guidance on immediate actions necessary to save lives and protect the environment
· Access to NLM's Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), which contains detailed peer-reviewed information on hazardous substances
· User Profiles enable users to specify the role they are currently playing at the scene of an incident: first responder, HAZMAT specialist, or EMS specialist. The key information presented to the user about a substance varies depending on this role, so that the information most relevant to the respective job can be quickly accessed.
· Radiological and biological substance support.
· Mobile support, providing first responders critical information where they need it, when they need it.
What's New in This Release:
· Version 2.0 of WISER for Android integrates Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM) content and updates the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) content to 2012.
· New hospital provider and preparedness planner profiles
· Acute care guidelines for 6 known mass casualty agent classes
· The addition of a wealth of CHEMM reference material
· The new CHEMM Intelligent Syndrome Tool (CHEMM-IST), a tool designed to diagnose the type of chemical exposure after a mass casualty incident
What's New in 1.1:
· Added support for moving application to SD card on Android 2.2 or greater.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
Cancer Surveillance A health app that allows you to monitor your cancer progress.Arrange all your cancer related appointments with your doctor, tests, results and monitor your cancer therapy progress.Arrange your appointments and mark your next one so you dont forget
Fever Tracker Lite Now keep track on your & your family's Health..!! Use this Application to Track their Body Temperature if they have Fever.Enter your details like Name, Age, Gender, Blood Group, height, weight (SI/US units) etc.Enter your and your family member's daily / periodic body temperature readings
No Smoking No Smoking is an Android application which shows personal information about smoking
AlcoDroid Keep tabs on your drinking! AlcoDroid is an alcohol consumption tracker, drinks diary and blood alcohol content calculator. AlcoDroid helps you get a better handle of what you drink and change your drinking habits
Daltonizer See as a colorblind person! This application simulates color blindness on the camera device. It can be used to know how color blind people see the world or to ensure that colors you choose for a work can be seen by a color blind colleague
Brain Booster - Mind Refresher Brain Booster - Refresh your mind and get a mental boost!Based on advanced Electroencephalography theory, brainwave test has been widely used in medical field
Nature Noise River Nature: Noise River for relax, sleep better, meditation and increase your health
CMC Health CMC Health from Carolinas HealthCare System is a free app that provides convenient access to medical care when you need it most
Blind (Android) Blind is a free application that enables people with visual disabilities to use options such as: mobile system settings, music, contacts, make a call, send voice messages, read text messages, identify colors, get the current GPS location
Other Software by developer «National Library of Medicine (NLM)»:
MD on Tap MD on Tap is an application for PDAs that retrieves MEDLINE citations directly from the PDA through a wireless connection to the Internet