WISER for Android - First responders in general, and HAZMAT units in particular, must make many decisions quickly in handling hazardous-materials incidents. They need accurate information about the hazardous substances, the emergency resources available, and the surrounding environmental conditions to save lives and minimize the impact on the environment and physical property. The WISER application extracts content from TOXNET's Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), an authoritative, peer-reviewed information resource maintained by the National Library of Medicine, and places that information into the hands of those who need it most.
· Rapid access to the most important information about a hazardous substance by an intelligent synopsis engine and display called "Key Info"
· Intuitive, simple, logical user interface developed by working with experienced first responders
· Comprehensive decision support, including guidance on immediate actions necessary to save lives and protect the environment
· Access to NLM's Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), which contains detailed peer-reviewed information on hazardous substances
· User Profiles enable users to specify the role they are currently playing at the scene of an incident: first responder, HAZMAT specialist, or EMS specialist. The key information presented to the user about a substance varies depending on this role, so that the information most relevant to the respective job can be quickly accessed.
· Radiological and biological substance support.
· Mobile support, providing first responders critical information where they need it, when they need it.
What's New in This Release:
· Version 2.0 of WISER for Android integrates Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM) content and updates the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) content to 2012.
· New hospital provider and preparedness planner profiles
· Acute care guidelines for 6 known mass casualty agent classes
· The addition of a wealth of CHEMM reference material
· The new CHEMM Intelligent Syndrome Tool (CHEMM-IST), a tool designed to diagnose the type of chemical exposure after a mass casualty incident
What's New in 1.1:
· Added support for moving application to SD card on Android 2.2 or greater.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x, Google Android 7.x
Brain Booster - Mind Refresher Brain Booster - Refresh your mind and get a mental boost!Based on advanced Electroencephalography theory, brainwave test has been widely used in medical field
CDC News Latest news from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
The Tapi Blood Bank The Tapi Blood Bank App puts the efforts to save lives in the palm of your hand. Now register as a blood donor through our app and save lives
Cigarette Analytics Option to set goals connected to smoking, such as "Cigarettes day limit", "Time between smokes" and "Smoking quit day"
Water Tracker Lite Track on your water intake. Use tips, analyze and maintain adequate Water level. Do you suffer with occasional water De-hydration or low liquids in your body?
Best Diabetes Control Gold •Glucose recording:The most important record to see if your lifestyle is helping you maintain healthy! Record the number, time and period (out of bed, after breakfast, before dinner, after snack etc...)
KalerBlind KalerBlind is an Android application for colorblind testing based on the Ishihara test
AsthmaCheck AsthmaCheck is the App for perfectly monitoring your asthma. You can suffer from asthma. Or you can have it under control. Scientific studies show that the health problems faced by asthma sufferers can be almost completely brought under control with careful monitoring
Other Software by developer «National Library of Medicine (NLM)»:
MD on Tap MD on Tap is an application for PDAs that retrieves MEDLINE citations directly from the PDA through a wireless connection to the Internet. This program is developed for mobile health care professionals who seek medical information when away from their desktop computers
WISER for Palm OS WISER for Palm OS - WISER (Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders) is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. WISER provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice
WISER for Pocket PC WISER (Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders) is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. WISER provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice
Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) for Pocket PC Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) for Pocket PC was developed jointly by the US Department of Transportation, Transport Canada, and the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation of Mexico (SCT) for use by police, firefighters, and other emergency services personnel who may be the first to arrive at the scene of a transportation incident involving a hazardous material
WISER for BlackBerry WISER for BlackBerry- (Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders) is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. WISER provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice