Medical Diagnosis&Treatment - Medical diagnosis and treatment reference - 1,000 diseases and disorders.
The 50th Anniversary Edition of the World's Most Popular Annual General Medicine Book - Celebrated with a New Full-Color Design
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ***
Your first place to turn for current developments that promise better patient care Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insight into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic you'll find concise, evidence-based answers to questions regarding both hospital and ambulatory medicine.
MORE usable patient-care information in LESS text:
* A strong focus on the clinical diagnosis and patient management tools essential to daily practice
* Full review of all internal medicine and primary care topics, including gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, and ophthalmology
* The only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment
* Hundreds of drug treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices - plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
* Recent references with PMID numbers for fast access to abstracts or full-text articles
* ICD-9 codes listed on the inside covers
* Five online-only chapters available at no additional cost at
NEW to this edition:
* Full-color photos and illustrations integrated with text throughout book, including much expanded dermatology and ophthalmology images
* Newly introduced topics: E. coli O145, floppy iris syndrome, and expanded coverage of H1N1 influenza A
* New information: emerging role for B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) as marker of early left ventricular myocardial failure, new approaches to correction of aortic stenosis and to aortic regurgitation in Marfan syndrome, risks of typical and atypical antipsychotic medications, and new hypoglycemic agents
* Substantial update on cardiology and hypertension, including use of stents and cardiac resynchronization therapy with biventricular pacemaker insertion, recent ACC/AHA criteria for appropriateness of coronary revascularization, use of prasugrel and clopidogrel compared with aspirin in prevention of stent thrombosis
* Updated information on pathogenesis and treatment of immune and drug-induced thrombocytopenia, new investigational anticoagulants such as rivaroxaban and idraparinux, risk stratification
* Expanded information on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, treatment of pharyngitis and laryngitis, approaches to the diagnosis of syphilis, diagnosis and complications with borreliosis and its coinfections, acute and chronic viral hepatitides, amyloidosis, treatment and prognosis of venous stasis ulcers, and therapy for heat stroke and burns
* Substantially updated treatment sections: HIV infections and AIDS and advances in therapy for breast cancer in women
* Updated section on immunization requirements
* New CMDT Online chapter on Sports Medicine and Outpatient Orthopedics
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The 2011 CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment is here presented in MSDict electronic format.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Autofit for larger images
* Categories in the search list
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 1.5, Google Android 1.6, Google Android 2.0, Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
ABFM Exam Prep The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) mobile application provides family physicians with useful information to assist with preparation for the ABFM Maintenance of Certification Exam
SMA Medical Checklists A great tool for all medical students. Smart Medical Apps's Medical Checklists ( SMA ) takes you through the entire process of building patient histories, doing exams, developing progress notes, and coming up with a diagnosis
Gupt Rog Description
This app is made for describing Sexual Disease(Gupt Rog) in detail
ProGastro Android Android version of ProGastro System, tool created by and for endoscopists, recommended by the Cuban Society of Gastroenterology
Mini Nurse - Lite Nursing app with medication dosages, IV rates, nursing skills, and much more! This application is made for student nurses and for those who are just curious about some of the education nurses need to know!
Dorland’s/ Gray’s Pocket Atlas of Anatomy This pocket atlas is your best way to reference anatomy on the go! It combines superb definitions from Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary with phenomenal illustrations from Gray's Anatomy for Students, for an unprecedented level of accuracy and visual clarity
MobiSystems Woman Mobile (BlackBerry) Woman Mobile is a medical calendar for BlackBerry devices designed to assist women in keeping accurate records of their menstrual cycle. It is also a handy assistant when it comes to contraception, family planning and getting control over one's body... and life
OfficeSuite Viewer 5 OfficeSuite is a universal and FREE document viewer for Android enabling you to open native DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, LOG, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, EML, PDF and ZIP files and attachments ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!
Clinician's Pocket Drug Reference 2011 (Android) Exactly what you need to know about 1000 of the most commonly used medicationsProving that sometimes less text can deliver more information, this super-concise guide covers more than one thousand of the most commonly used medications