ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries: English - Spanish, French, German, Italian - Get access to 58 basic dictionaries for 27 languages.
Over 200 additional premium dictionaries for 20 languages are available for In App Purchase.
Photo translation function – the easiest way to translate words with the iPhone 4 or 3GS built-in camera.
Electronic versions of dictionaries from the world's leading publishers, including HarperCollins, Compact Verlag, K Dictionaries and dictionaries compiled by ABBYY lexicographers. You can be confident in your translations.
Once you install Lingvo Dictionaries, you have access to the basic set of 58 general dictionaries for the following language combinations, including 41 English dictionaries (download required):
· English ‹-› Chinese (both traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish
· English -› Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Polish, Romanian, Swedish
· Russian ‹-› English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Spanish
There are over 200 additional dictionaries for 20 languages available for purchase directly from within the application. Accurate translations, phonetic transcriptions, synonyms, and examples of use are available for the following language combinations:
· English ‹-› French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
· German ‹-› French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
· Russian ‹-› Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kazakh, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Tatar, Turkish, Ukrainian
· Ukrainian ‹-› English, Polish, Russian
· Monolingual English, German, Russian, and Ukrainian dictionaries.
For a complete list of dictionaries with detailed descriptions, visit abbyy.com/lingvo_ios/en
You do not need an active Internet connection to use the dictionaries that have been downloaded on your device.
· Search Google, Yandex and Wikipedia while working with ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries
· Photo translation function - the easiest way to translate words with the iPhone 4 or 3GS built-in camera
· Ability to translate words from pictures uploaded from iPhone 3G and iPod touch album
· Quick translation directly from the clipboard
· Hypertext - instant translation of any word found in the dictionary entries with just a single tap
· Reliable and accurate translations
· Comprehensive entries with example sentences
· Native audio pronunciations for most common words (in some dictionaries)
· Merged list of headwords allows consultation all dictionaries simultaneously
What's New in This Release:
· Random House Webster's College Dictionary from K Dictionaries has been added
· Cloud synchronization of learning cards among your iPhone, iPad and iPod
· The "Suggest a word" button allows you to send a word which you cannot find in the dictionary directly to ABBYY developers
· Ukrainian UI has been added
· For iOS developers: now you can team Lingvo Dictionaries up with any other program installed on the same device via Lingvo URL Scheme.
What's New in 3.2:
· Added the bestselling and authoritative Random House Webster's Dictionary, which consists of 130,000 words and expressions, covering well over 200,000 senses (the latest slang, business, and computer terms defined with clarity and precision)
· Added Ukrainian Set, which consists of 12 general bilingual dictionaries for 4 languages and 2 monolingual dictionaries of the Ukrainian language
· Added Essential Es-Ru dictionary for everyday communication and translation
What's New in 3.1.2:
· minor UI improvements
What's New in 3.0:
· Flash cards for effective learning new words
· Two ways for fast words learning: "Introduction" (turn over card by card to memorize words, translations, usage examples etc.) and "Lesson" (recall translation and check your answer by turning single card over)
· Landscape mode on iPhone and iPod touch
What's New in 2.6:
· The New iPad interface support
What's New in 2.5:
· Ability to restore purchases
· New dictionary selection dialogue
· New Spanish Monolingual Dictionaries: Basic (Es<>Es), Synonyms and Antonyms (Es<>Es)
· New Premium Dictionaries from HarperCollins: Collins Gem (En<>De), Collins Gem (En<>Fr), Collins Gem (En<>Es)
What's New in 2.3:
· Minor bug fixes
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)