English Dictionary and Thesaurus with Verbs - The Ultralingua English Dictionary & Thesaurus for iPhone and iPod touch is a collegiate-level dictionary and verb book for students and travelers, offering thousands of entries, plus slang, technical terms, idiomatic expressions, etc. We provide a rich thesaurus of synonyms and antonyms, robust verb conjugation in all standard tenses, and the conversion of numbers to text.
This app includes:
- Powerful English dictionary with over 85,000 headwords and 300,000 definitions
- Rich thesaurus with 65,000 synonyms and antonyms
- Automatic recognition of inflected forms (conjugations, plurals, and noun genders)
- Phonetic breakdown of each entry
- Slang, technical language, and regional spelling and usage differences
- Thousands of biographical and geographic entries, as well as etymologies (word histories)
- Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
- Pinch and drag to zoom in on results in the dictionary
- Instant translation of numbers into English text
- Easy tap-on-word feature to extend your search
- Provides smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
- Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
- Back and forward buttons
- Cut and paste from other apps into the Ultralingua dictionary
- No Internet connection required
Tap on any word for easy access to extended searches, verb conjugations, and Google searches. Also available for Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more.
No mere pocket edition, our dictionary and thesaurus has all the power of our Mac OS X app, at a lower price, installed on your iPhone, with no Internet connection required.
The verb tool:
- Conjugates thousands of English verbs
- Includes all standard forms - from present progressive to conditional
- View all verb forms simultaneously, and swap tenses with a single click
The history view:
- Records 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and number translations in one place
- Sort alphabetically or by date
- Clear the list completely, or delete items one at a time
- When it saves your verb conjugations, it remembers which tense you looked at last to keep the list relevant and uncluttered.
What's New in This Release:
· Repaired a bug that caused the app to crash after updating on some devices.
· Sped up launch.
· Eliminated network access.
· Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.
What's New in 2.3:
· Streamlined navigation, for fast consultation. All searching, conjugation, number translation, etc. happens from a single search box, with all results on a single screen.
· Smart search searches both languages simultaneously, finds root words and accent-insensitive matches, adjusts for articles and prepositions (e.g. "l'homme" finds "homme"), etc.
· Beautiful redesigned dictionary display
· Combine your separate Ultralingua dictionaries via iCloud into the convenient all-in-one Ultralingua Bookshelf app
· Change fonts and font sizes
· Powerful and convenient in-line verb conjugator includes translations and many new tenses.
· Mark your Favorites, including words, number translations, and verb conjugations.
What's New in 1.5.4:
· Fixed a bug where some iPhones would freeze when you tapped in the search box to look up a word.
· Fixed a bug where the app would not rotate properly on some iPads.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
DUDEN German Universal Dictionary (iPhone/iPad) The Duden German Universal Dictionary has over 150,000 references and idioms, with more than 500,000 sample applications as well as data for orthography, discussion, origin, grammar and style