SkySafari 3 Pro - SkySafari Pro is a chart star app for all astronomy enthusiasts. It includes a comprehensive database of 15.3 million stars, 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 580,000 solar system objects.
In addition, the application displays the Solar System's planets along with their moons, as well as every comet and asteroid ever discovered. You can also use SkySafari Pro to identify stars and planets using the gyroscope embedded in your iOS device.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixes problem with predicting the position of comet ISON after perihelion (and other objects which pass very close to the Sun).
· Locations in Arizona, USA now never observe daylight savings time.
· Restored labels under the toolbar icons in the SkyWeek screen.
· Fixed cosmetic problems on iOS 7: center coordinates and field of view labels now update quickly while panning/zooming; the blinking selection marker doesn't get left in its old location when panning the chart.
· Fixed centering bug when starting time flow from orbit around a solar system object.
· Ecliptic and Galactic longitude are now parsed correctly when entered in the Coordinates settings screen.
· Fixed problem where the "Add to Observing List" and the "Make Observing List" buttons were sometimes white in night vision.
· Changed the default setting for "Send Time & Location" under (Scope Setup) to OFF
· Fixed problem where the screen showing an observing list wouldn't get a Done button in some cases on iOS 7.
· Fixed failure t...
What's New in 3.8.1:
· Added French localization.
· Fixed new bug where the Sunset, Sunrise, Moonset, etc buttons in the Time & Date setting didn't work on iPad.
· Fixed some Spanish localization problems.
· SkyWeek and Basic Concepts Help are now visible when the preferred language is not English.
· Fixed crash that could happen when doing a two finger tap in the Object Info screen.
· Fixed bug where the Show Galactic Equator settings was not getting saved in Settings files.
· Fixed problem with the degree character in the default description for a settings file.
· Fixed bug preventing User Locations with names containing diacritical characters from being saved.
· Coordinate strings entered without degree/hour, minute, or second symbols are now parsed correctly.
· Removed duplicate apparent motion in declination for solar system objects in Object Info.
· Removed support for iOptron SmartEQ/ZEQ25 mounts.
· Fixed reversal of the Date/Time label and its value in the Observation Edit screen.
· Added ability to save telescope communication log files for debugging problems. Telescope communication log files are saved on your iPhone or iPad, and you can transfer them to your computer using iTunes file sharing.
What's New in 3.8:
· Added Spanish localizations of user interface and Help. Localizations of object descriptions, SkyWeek, and Basic Concepts still TBD.
· Improved performance when drawing many faint solar system objects. Default solar system magnitude limit is now 20, as opposed to unlimited; settings files now restore unlimited (infinite) magnitudes correctly.
· Now displays orbit epoch for satellites and solar system objects in Object Info. Conjunction, opposition, eclipse dates in Object Info now show the first such event taking place any time in the next 2 years, and the math runs much faster now.
· Fixed bug where two or more automatic solar system data updates could happen simultaneously, which could result in missing objects in some categories. Discards partial solar system data updates; all files must now download successfully before SkySafari will accept the updated data.
What's New in 3.7.2:
· Fixed crash in encoder fields in telescope setup dialog.
· Includes default solar system database with asteroid and comet data current as of mid-January, 2013.
· Fixed failure to import data from asteroids and comets that are not already in the default solar system object database.
· Corrected orbital motion for Saturn's moon Phoebe.
· Fixes to timers and disabled Orbit button while performing animated panning.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Redshift Redshift brings the night sky to your iOS device, with all major and dwarf planets, constellations and bright stars
iAstronomica An astronomy program that generates sky charts at any time, from anywhere on Earth
Star Walk for iPad Star Walk is your personal planetarium that can answer to all your curiosities about the sky!