SkySafari 3 Plus - SkySafari Plus is a chart star app for all astronomy enthusiasts. It includes a comprehensive database of 2.5 million stars and 31,000 deep sky objects.
In addition, the application displays the Solar System's planets along with their moons, as well as 4,000 asteroids, comets and satellites. You can also use SkySafari Plus to identify stars and planets using the gyroscope embedded in your iOS device.
What's New in This Release:
· Added French localization and Cassini spacecraft.
· Fixed new bug where the Sunset, Sunrise, Moonset, etc buttons in the Time & Date setting didn't work on iPad.
· Fixed some Spanish localization problems.
· SkyWeek and Basic Concepts Help are now visible when the preferred language is not English.
· Fixed crash that could happen when doing a two finger tap in the Object Info screen.
· Fixed bug where the Show Galactic Equator settings was not getting saved in Settings files.
· Fixed problem with the degree character in the default description for a settings file.
· Fixed bug preventing User Locations with names containing diacritical characters from being saved.
· Coordinate strings entered without degree/hour, minute, or second symbols are now parsed correctly.
· Removed duplicate apparent motion in declination for solar system objects in Object Info.
· Removed support for iOptron SmartEQ/ZEQ25 mounts.
· Fixed reversal of the Date/Time label and its value in the Observation Edit screen.
· Added ability to save telescope communication log files for debugging problems. Telescope communication log files are saved on your iPhone or iPad, and you can transfer them to your computer using iTunes file sharing.
What's New in 3.8:
· Added Spanish localizations of user interface and Help. Localizations of object descriptions, SkyWeek, and Basic Concepts still TBD.
· Improved performance when drawing many faint solar system objects. Default solar system magnitude limit is now 20, as opposed to unlimited; settings files now restore unlimited (infinite) magnitudes correctly.
· Now displays orbit epoch for satellites and solar system objects in Object Info. Conjunction, opposition, eclipse dates in Object Info now show the first such event taking place any time in the next 2 years, and the math runs much faster now.
· Fixed bug where two or more automatic solar system data updates could happen simultaneously, which could result in missing objects in some categories. Discards partial solar system data updates; all files must now download successfully before SkySafari will accept the updated data.
· Fixed small error in position computation for some geosynchronous satellites.
· Fixed problem preventing some stars from being drawn when very far away in interstellar space.
· Added support for iOptron iEQ30, SmartEQ, ZEQ25 mounts with 8407/8408 controllers via SkyFi.
· Added support for telescope axis encoders on SiTech controllers in Push-To mode.
· Implemented fix for alignment problems with encoder systems on clock-driven equatorial mounts.
· Fixed problems drawing orbits with eccentricity very close to (but not exactly) 1, like that of comet PANSTARRS.
· Fixed accidental swapping of camera field width x height fields in Telescope Display dialog.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)