Magic Button looks clean and blends surprisingly well with Pocket PC OS. For those who do not want too fancy or too complicated Task Manager, this is for you.
Why Magic Button worth considering to download and replace your existing one:
* It is free.
* Does not take up any of your screen real estate, yet easy to access.
* Located on title bar but does not cover any standard info, i.e. Sound icon, notification icon.
* Very small foot print (memory usage). Only 71 KB executable file does it all (help file is 8 KB extra).
* Makes close button really close applications. Just in case you haven't noticed, the default one only minimizes them.
* Compatible with latest and greatest Windows Mobile 6.0 (new in version 2.1).
If you have installed the software, here is how to master the tool:
* To unload (shutdown) Magic Button: Tap and hold on Close button, then tap and hold on Home icon.
* To show/hide the taskbar: tap and hold the OK/Minimize/Close button.
* To show the application menu that has Settings and Exit menu items: tap and hold Today (Home) icon when it is visible.
* Map a PocketPC application button to Magic Button software then you can show/hide the bar easier by pressing the button.
* To close an individual window: tap and hold its window icon on the task bar.
* To change Close Button behaviour (Close instead of Minimize) for an application: tap and hold on the app icon and select "Keep Alive" option.
Note Dictionary Lookup feature requires external TranCreative WordBook Dictionary to work. Turn Off feature will include Log Off and Restart if Nice Start installed.
What's New in This Release:
· updated to work better in Windows Mobile 6.0 with the new gradient title bar
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
LnkMe Call shortcut files with just a few steps when you Create an SMS
HiConcept it is a combination of various home screen plugins and utilities similar to several other products
MySoftReset MySoftReset will soft reset (warm boot) the device using a safe method advised by msdn
Hinavigator A software package that allows you to launch programs, make calls, view weather information, access Phone profiles, do ALT-TAB, turn on/off today Plug-ins, and navigate your device by only one hand