Magic Button looks clean and blends surprisingly well with Pocket PC OS. For those who do not want too fancy or too complicated Task Manager, this is for you.
Why Magic Button worth considering to download and replace your existing one:
* It is free.
* Does not take up any of your screen real estate, yet easy to access.
* Located on title bar but does not cover any standard info, i.e. Sound icon, notification icon.
* Very small foot print (memory usage). Only 71 KB executable file does it all (help file is 8 KB extra).
* Makes close button really close applications. Just in case you haven't noticed, the default one only minimizes them.
* Compatible with latest and greatest Windows Mobile 6.0 (new in version 2.1).
If you have installed the software, here is how to master the tool:
* To unload (shutdown) Magic Button: Tap and hold on Close button, then tap and hold on Home icon.
* To show/hide the taskbar: tap and hold the OK/Minimize/Close button.
* To show the application menu that has Settings and Exit menu items: tap and hold Today (Home) icon when it is visible.
* Map a PocketPC application button to Magic Button software then you can show/hide the bar easier by pressing the button.
* To close an individual window: tap and hold its window icon on the task bar.
* To change Close Button behaviour (Close instead of Minimize) for an application: tap and hold on the app icon and select "Keep Alive" option.
Note Dictionary Lookup feature requires external TranCreative WordBook Dictionary to work. Turn Off feature will include Log Off and Restart if Nice Start installed.
What's New in This Release:
· updated to work better in Windows Mobile 6.0 with the new gradient title bar
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
Pocket Launcher Pocket Launcher 3.2 organizes applications into tabbed categories and seamlessly integrates with your Pocket PC or Smartphone, providing an enhanced, customizable user interface
SKTools (Supports WM5/WM6) SKTools (Supports WM5/WM6) - Powerfull maintenance toolkit. Cleaning the registry and the file system, FreeUP RAM, other methods of system maintenance and much more..
WNAI Launcher This is iPhone like interface for launching applications on your Windows Mobile
SpoonDo! SpoonDo! is a simple application for Windows Mobile, designed to replace the default Outlook Tasks functionality. Unlike the default tasks application, SpoonDo! is finger friendly, so everything can be done without using the stylus. SpoonDo! presents the tasks in different folders distinguishing between different type of tasks
Panoramic Contacts Genius Panoramic Contacts Genius allows you the freedom to easily manage your Windows Mobile contacts with your finger tips. Flip between two customizable favorite screens for quick access to your most frequently used contacts
HTC X-Button HTC X-Button v1.50 is a great Task Manager exclusively for all hermes/TyTn lover!
CplLinks CplLinks this application (intended for those who try new ROMS often) creates links for items inside the control panel (settings) such as "Usb to PC" or "Power". It goes through the registry key which holds the settings items and creates a
Shortcuts Shortcuts to create New Mail, New SMS, Contacts (Month View), etc
Kenia Sense StartMenu This application replaces the original Windows Mobile start menu with a list of all your programs in 4 columns
Other Software by developer «TranCreative»:
Remote Keyboard Remote Keyboard is a program that connects PC keyboard and mouse to your Pocket PC over ActiveSync connection or TCP/IP network. It works as a Soft Input Panel (SIP).
Using PC keyboard and mouse to entry data to your Pocket PC has never been easier. Just switch on Remote Keyboard from the corner of the screen, run Pocket PC Connector in PC then you are in business
Speller Speller is the perfect tool to check spellings of English words or come up with suggestions for misspelled words. The app is based on Aspell, an open source spell checker for various platforms