The main list implements "kinetic scrolling". You can drag your finger across the screen and the page follows along, as if you were pushing the content around. If you lift your finger while the screen is moving, it will continue to move for some time, as if you "threw" the content in that direction.
Action menus are located to the sides of the main menu. So if you drag the list to the left or right, you will see the a menu of actions beside the list.
The left menu items are "global" and do not reference a specific tweet. This includes updating your status, switching timelines, etc.
The right menu items relate to a specific tweet. Select a tweet from the list, then scroll to the right menu and choose the action you want to perform on that tweet.
· A unique user interface
· Works on VGA, QVGA and SmartPhone devices
· Support for multiple twitter and identi.ca accounts
· User groups to help manage your friends updates
· "Conversation View" shows a what this status was in reply to.
· Uses standard notifications to alert you of new friends statuses or replies
· Keeps an addressbook to easily add usernames to posts.
· URL shortening with is.gd
· Integration with shorttext.com for tweets longer than 140 characters
· Take photos and send to TwitPic, mobypicture, pikchur, twitgoo, or yfrog
· Preview images from those services without a browser.
· Integrated search.twitter.com
· Quote (re-tweet) or email a status
· Clickable @names, URLs, and #Hashtags
· Option to check for new version on startup
What's New in This Release:
· Today plugin numbering
· Today plugin starting up PockeTwit
· More version info set correctly. Related to startup problems.
· Today plugin inserted into regular installation (2nd attempt)
· Changed avatar size, little smaller looks better and longer tweets will fit.
· Fix for startup problems regarding saved searches.
· Cleanup corrupt data from registry and database.
· Size of tweet changed in display
· Changed api calls from replies to mentions.
· And some other fixes on deprecated api calls
What's New in 0.85:
Some work has been done to fix to major bugs in PockeTwit:
· Posting updates on Non-Touch screen devices
· Hangups during startup
There is one new feature though, a new way of authenticating for Twitter: · Verification for Twitter through xAuth. This means no more going to a website, but just PockeTwit doing all the authentication for you.
What's New in 0.84: Uploading media:
· Video and file uploads now supported (Posterous, Moby and YFrog)
· Internal modifications to attachment upload process which should increase reliability.
· Posterous supports uploading from files generated by HTC Voice Recorder app, MP3 files etc – similar use to AudioBoo.
· If an upload type is not supported by the selected media service, Posterous will be used for other types (e.g. using TwitPic as Picture service will select Posterous for videos and files).
· Posterous uses revised error handling code which should give better feedback on upload errors.
Timeline & Statuses:
· View your own send direct messages.
· Avatar cache no longer scales images up – should marginally improve image quality and reduce cache size on large screens
· Changes to behaviour of post update window address list, including: Username is now inserted where the cursor is, rather than at the end of the text, when selecting from drop-down list; Reply to all now works consistently; Usernames with digits and underscores are now supported
· Should crash less, thanks to modified error handling – 40% of crashes should no longer occur.
· More diagnostic information sent with crash reports.
· Some other crashes also fixed
· New version of .NET Compact Framework 3.5, which may help with connection issues –> needs to be installed manually
· Today plugin should update even when PockeTwit is not running
· Preparatory work for revised timeline layout on large screens
What's New in 0.83: Major changes:
· User interface changes in Post update form - dynamically configures to screen size/on-screen keyboard
· Revised theme icons
· Compact Framework version check
· Main application icons updated for high resolution phones
· Strange dialog behaviour should all be fixed
· Fixed potential crashes and memory problems with internet connections
· Notifications on saved searches now work again
· Reply all
· Upped maximum tweets
· Removed unused surplus code.
· streamlined OAuth a bit
· Reduced installer size
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6 Standard, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard
SalesTwitterer SalesTwitterer allows you to log the sales you make to your Twitter.com account online/offline via an oAuth app with a few taps and view your RSS sales logs in one program. Enter the item, price and any notes (140 characters total maximum) and tap the button to send the update to your Twitter.com account. This service is provided by Twitter
TwitsnapsViewer TwitsnapsViewer allows you to publish your pictures with location of each to your Twitter account via TwitSnaps.com. The program also has a built in mobile link viewer to view the uploaded pictures in Pocket Internet Explorer. The picture and notes is then uploaded to TwitSnaps
PoliceTwitterer PoliceTwitterer allows a police officer to send out Twitter.com alerts via the Twitter.com service. Each time you want to update the police Twitter.com RSS feed enter the text and tap the key to send it to Twitter as a tweet. The citizens can use the PocketPC PoliceTwitterings or SMS to view the alerts
Facebook App This is a new Facebook application for windows mobile! As stated above it was ripped ROM the newest windows 6.5 Rom, but this WILL run on windows 6.1, 6.0 and even Windows Mobile Standard from preliminary testing. Tho our WM5 uses have stated that they have been unable to get this App to load. Currently it is at V0
TwitterPictureds TwitterPictureds allows you to share pictures with/without your current GPS via Twitter oAuth app and FTP server. When a new picture is detected in the camera folder the program will FTP upload the picture to the FTP server and create a Tweet on Twitter.com with the HTTP link to download/view the picture
veeTweets veeTweets - Vaayoo's multi-faceted social app brings for the first time to Windows mobile users: ‘Click n Share’ photo and video uploads to Facebook, direct video upload to YouTube and other cool social networking and sharing features. Register & download at Vaayoo.com (NO CAB file needed)
Key features include:
Twobile Twobile (pronounced Twoh-bul, a mixture of the words "Twitter" and "Mobile") is a new Twitter client for users of Windows Mobile Pocket PCs. Initially a personal project designed to help access various services provided by Twitter, the project began in mid 2007 and had remained in prototype status for nearly a year
ClipboardEmailer ClipboardEmailer gets the text from the PocketPC clipboard and creates a blank email with the text from the clipboard as the email text body
DailyWeblogger This program allows you to make a text file for each day of the year. You can then export the monthly blogs into a HTML calendar
SmartTouch Twitter Mobile (Pocket PC) SmartTouch Twitter Mobile (Pocket PC) - SmartTouch is a mobile application that gives you FREE, fast, easy access to Facebook, Google, Amazon and other favorites, all through texting. No data plan required. The simple scroll-and-click text messaging system shortcuts the cost and hassle of data plans so you can get what you want, when you want
Other Software by developer «Jake Stevenson»:
PocketPC MPD Client PocketPC MPD Client - A MPD client for the PocketPC that displays current song information and allows the user to manipulate playlists.
# Album art fetched from Amazon in the background
# Kinetic scrolling on all lists.
# Gesture-based control