Carat for iPhone/iPad - Carat is an app which generates personalized recommendations for improving battery life. If you are wondering why your battery is draining so quickly, just install Carat, open it every few days so it can send data to the developers' servers, and within a week Carat will start recommending actions and even predicting the improvements you will see.
As you use your mobile device, Carat occasionally takes measurements about your device and how it is being used. These measurements are sent to the developers' servers, where advanced algorithms are applied to determine how devices are using energy and under what circumstances. The results of these analyses are then sent back to the app, which can give you feedback and actionable advice about how to improve your battery life.
Carat collects instrumentation data from the community of devices where it is installed. Nothing it collects identifies you, personally. The data is processed by the Carat Server, and stored. A Spark-powered analysis tool extracts key statistical values and metrics from the data. These are shown in the reports in the Carat app, and used to recommend actions for increased battery life and better user experience.
· Action List telling you how to improve your battery life and by how much
· Device information detailing exactly what data we are recording
· Reports apps that are using lots of energy and whether that is happening on other devices, too
· Detail views let you dive down into the data and see graphs of energy use
· Low-overhead sampling requires almost no energy or CPU
· J-Score tells you how your battery efficiency compares to other users
· Sharing features let you post/tweet/blog about your experience; more users means more data which means better recommendations for you
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed detail pages for Hogs and Bugs.
What's New in 1.0.7:
· fixes a critical issue that prevented the app from communicating with our servers
· improves in-app instructions for using Carat
· minor UI tweaks
What's New in 1.0.3:
· fixed several crashes for greater overall stability
· pull-to-refresh functionality for action, hog, and bug lists
· progress indicators while refreshing reports
· report update failures no longer result in empty lists
· stopped recommending OS upgrades for users with the latest (public) version
· uninitialized J-Scores now appear as "N/A"
· fixed a problem where an app could appear both as a hog and a bug
· fixed misleading wording in a local notification
What's New in 1.0.2:
· fixed sharing via Twitter and Facebook
· clarified the use of Location Services and the latency of personalized results on the consent, About, and empty results pages
· changed wording to indicate Active Battery Life
· fixed the URL handling of Facebook links
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Other Software by developer «Carat Team»:
Comments on Carat for iPhone/iPad:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Carat for iPhone/iPad supports it