Best Profiles for Nokia 9500/9300(i) allows automatic profiles switching according to your schedule or calendar. For each profile Best Profiles allows selection of additional settings such as: backlight, cover open/close sounds, run custom application.
Any user of a Communicator had experienced the following situations: while in the office, meeting or dinner suddenly your communicator disturbs you. An incoming call!? Not now!? It's the only thing you can think about at the moment. Quite often interruption puts you into an embarrassing situation. Another example: you are lying in bed, trying to have some rest after a hard day at work, and again the phone is ringing, because you forgot to switch off "your favourite toy"... Terrible!
It is understandable to expect your communicator to change profile settings automatically, for example a silent mode at night or at work. Unfortunately, Nokia Communicator is not equipped with this feature. But there's no need to worry: Best Profiles integrates this feature into your smartphone!
How to start:
To make Best Profiles start adding extra functions to standart profiles you need to configure rules and set additional settings. Of course, you also need to turn Best Profiles on.
- Profiles panel - in this panel you can see a list of profiles, change an active profile and configure the following properties for the selected profile:
- Backlight: normal, on if charging, always on;
- Case open sound;
- Case close sound;
- On profile activate sound;
- Run apps - you can assign any application installed on your communicator that will be launched when activating this profile;
- Rules panel - here there's a list of rules which you can configure:
Profiles will be switched according to the schedule (composed in this dialog). You can set the profile activation time at any day(s) of week (use cursor left/right for select day and spacebar for mark/unmark it), the deactivation time and a profile that has to be turned on after the deactivation. You can temporarily turn off any entry by choosing enable off. This entry will be omitted, i.e. Best Profiles will not activate the profile indicated in this entry.
Every rule has the following parameters:
- Activate time - the time it has to be activated;
- Condition - the day(s) of week it has to be activated;
- Profile - one of five system profiles;
- Allow deactivate - choosing "Yes", you can set the profile deactivation time and the profile you want to activate after this one;
- Deactivate time & Restore profile - here you can define the profile that will be activated after the Deactivate time. You can select one of the five system profiles or "Previous". If you select "Previous" the profile activated before the Deactivate time will become active again.
In this dialog you can set Calendar rules.
Best Profiles works with your Calendar! If you have a meeting recorded in the Calendar, you don't have to add a line to your Best Profiles schedule. The program will automatically select the defined profile when it finds the keyword assigned for the profile.
For example, you have a note in your Calendar about a meeting from 9.00 to 10.00 but you think that you may forget to switch your communicator to the Silent profile. So you want your Best Profiles to switch to it automatically at 9.00 and then switch back to General (or any other) profile at 10.00. This is what you have to do in your Best Profiles is to specify a keyword (we recommend to place it in special symbols, e.g. #meeting#). When Best Profiles finds this word or word combination you defined, it'll switch to the profile you've defined for this keyword automatically.
It is possible to execute the following operations: add new, change, delete entry, enable or disable.
Every rule has the following parameters:
- Keyword - this is the word you will be using in your Calendar. This word must to be unique because SmartProfiles scans all the notes in the Calendar looking for this word.
Example: you define the keyword work for activating Silent mode. Then you add in the Calendar "Start work" at 9:00 and "Finish work" at 18:00. SmartProfiles will switch the Silent mode on at 9:00 and 18:00. To make this word unique we recommend to place this word in special symbols $..$, %..%... E.g. #work# or %work% or !arbeit!;
- Profile - one of the system profiles associated with the keyword;
- Allow deactivate - if "Yes" is selected and you have created the timed meeting in the Calendar (e.g. Start Time to 6:00 and End Time to 12:00), then the profile selected in the "Restore profile" option is activated;
- Restore profile - one of the five system profiles or "Previous" profile can be selected;
In this view you can configure to which profile the communicator will switch when connecting and disconnecting the charger. For example, if your communicator is always charging at home you can set for the rule Charger on profile Silent anf for Charger off - General.