Best TaskMan (Nokia 9500/9300) - Allows to control running applications and tasks, create hotkeys to your favorite applications, documents, calls, SMSes, "Windows Alt-Tab" style task switcher, fast application launcher, remove trash from previously installed applications and much more.
Application consists of several views. You can switch between them using left/right keys or commands in menu.
Running applications view
- Running applications view
- Hotkeys view
- Processes view
- Installed applications view
- Opened files view
This view shows the information about running applications.
You can see what applications are running currently, how much memory the running application uses, switch to the selected application, close or kill an application, get information about the application (UID, file names etc). You can see the amount of memory and disk space available in the application's caption as well.
This view allows you highly increase the productivity usage of your smartphone, define hotkeys to many actions you perform all the time or just make it your favorite applications/documents/etc launcher. Just imagine: you can call your wife, send sms to your friend, start some document, open webpage or anything else in one key press only.
You can create hotkeys to the following actions:
- Hotkey to an application - starts a specified application
- Hotkey to a document - e.g. to word file, etc
- Hotkey to dial - dials a specified number
- Hotkey to SMS - starts new SMS to a specified number
- Hotkey to MMS - starts new MMS to a specified number
- Hotkey to eMail - starts new eMail to a specified person
- Hotkey to a webpage - opens specified webpage
- Popup Best TaskMan - Pops up Best TaskMan from background
- Popup [Running applications] - Pops up Best TaskMan from background and selects Running applications view
- Popup [Hotkeys] - Pops up Best TaskMan from background and selects Hotkeys view
- Task switcher - "Windows Alt-Tab" style task switcher. Set up hotkey for this action, for example Ctrl-Space. Then press Ctr-Space any time you work with your device, keep Ctrl and hit Space any time you need to select the needed application. Release Ctrl to switch to the selected application. The same look and feel as Alt-Tab on Windows.
- Start menu - shows application launcher allowing you to start any application from it in a fast way
- Close current app - closes currently active application.
- Kill current app - kills currently active application.
- Close all apps - closes all active applications except the system ones
- Close all apps but current - closes all active applications except the currenly active one and the system ones
- Compact memory - compacts memory
- Backlight mode - activates/deactivates 'always-on' backlight mode. If 'always-on' backlight mode is activated device backlight won't fade and will be always on till this mode is deactivated or the cover is closed.
- Memory information - shows memory/disks information
- Restart device - restarts device after confirmation
- New call - starts new call
- New SMS - creates new SMS
- New MMS - creates new MMS
- New Email - creates new Email
- New Fax - creates new Fax
"Windows Alt-Tab" style task switcher
When creating a hotkey to any of these actions it's not necessary to set up a real key. You can create "blank" action and start it from Hotkeys view directly making this view a kind of your favorites applications/documents/etc launcher.
If you want to assign a key to any action you should know that the key combination will work not only in TaskMan but also in any other application you're working currently . E.g. you can call your friend when working in Word application immediately just pressing a defined hotkey.
In this view you can get all information about all running processes on your device. You can end a process, get any process information, compact device memory, etc.
Please note: Task manager allows you to end only 3rd party processes. Ending any system processes are not allowed. System processes are the ones that supplied and configured by the device vendor (in firmware). All system processes are marked with "gear" icon in TaskMan.
Installed applications view
This view displays a list of all applications you have installled on your device. You can see where the application was installed (device memory or memory card) and the amount of disk space it takes.
Opened files view
This view also detects the application remains (options,etc) you have installed (tried) before. If you are not going to install the removed application again you can remove its saved options/etc with this view or a open folder where they are located with file manager to see what files are there.
Displays a list of all opened files (system and third party applications. The list is sorted by the time of opening in descending order, in simpler words the latest opened files are on top of the list.
Options to customize
Increase productivity usage of your smartphone with Best TaskMan!
- Autostart Best TaskMan - if enabled TaskMan will be automatically started in background when system starts
- Close all exceptions - here you can define the list of applications that won't be closed when you execute Close all apps command.
|Other Software by developer «SmartphoneWare»:|
Personal mobile secretary that does what a real-life secretary does. Leaves voice messages to people calling you, blocks calls, do-not-disturb assistant, SMS answering machine, etc
|Full screen caller|
Do you want to see more cool details of the people who are calling you? Well, use the "Full Screen Caller" and your wish will be satisfied! Full Screen Caller allows you to see a big picture of people when you are receiving a phone call from the
|Stacker for series 60|
Stacker is the best, fully automatized and reliable compression system for your device. Stacker software doubles the size of your entire drives and works invisible behind the scene
This application allows creating lists of ringtones played randomly at each incoming call. Make your smartphone more attractive and ringtones - more sophisticated!
|Best CallRecorder (Symbian^3)|
A fully customizable call recording application with rules for saving conversations for incoming/outgoing calls from known/unknown numbers
This is fully customisable call recording application with rules for saving conversations for incoming/outgoing calls from known/unknown numbers. Easy to use and extremely discrete
|Best GSMNavigator for UIQ3|
Useful utility that operates with GSM cells information and allows assigning various actions to be performed automatically when you enter or leave a specific location: play alarm,
|Best TextType UIQ|
A new way to add text to your SMS, notes, emails or documents. With only few taps you can insert pre-written text into any application without leaving it
|Best MessageStorer for Nokia 9500/9300(i)|
Best MessageStorer lets you easily and conveniently save your SMS, MMS, emails in a text file and send them to your PC
|Best Birthday UIQ3|
Best Birthday is a useful utility that helps you organizing and viewing anniversaries in a handy way!
» show more