Headache Remedy from MobileReference - Acupressure Guide For Relieving Headaches and Migraines -RIM is often due to build-up of stress and tension. Acupressure is an effective way to relieve painful sensation associated these conditions. This guide by Aaron Stein, PhD, is based on over 5,000 years of Chinese practice of self-acupressure. FREE frontal region headache treatment in the trial version.
- Step-by-step guide to relieving headaches and migraines at 5 locations:
- In the frontal region of the head (frontal headache).
- In the back of the head (occipital headache).
- On the side of the head (temporal headache).
- On the top of the head (vertex headache).
- Pain in the eye (headache behind the eye).
- Every step explains point location, direction of force, and duration of massage.
- No previous experience necessary
- Total treatment duration 10 to 15 minutes.
How acupressure works:
Nobody knows how acupressure works. Very often pain is caused by a self-perpetuating mechanism: pain causes the mind to be attentive to pain, that, in turn cases more pain and even more attention, and so on.
Most likely acupressure works by interrupting this vicious circle. How does acupressure interrupt the cycle? Stimulation of active points is thought to lead to increased release of endorphins. Endorphin is a natural body painkiller. Endorphin and morphine are chemically different molecules but, by coincidence, they have very similar 3-dimensional shape. This similarity in shape allows morphine to bind the endorphin receptor and reduce pain.
Thus endorphin released by acupressure stimulation may lead to temporal reduction of mind’'''''s attention to pain, interruption of pain cycle, and following complete cessation of pain.
MobiPocket Reader Setup
1. To read this book you will need to download the Free MobiPocket Reader from MobiPocket, the Amazon.com company. You can install the Reader directly to your handheld. However, we recommend that you install the MobiPocket Desktop Reader first from this URL http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft
2. When you connect the handheld to the desktop PC, the MobiPocket Desktop Reader automatically detects the handheld and installs an appropriate software on the handheld.
3. Open the PRC file from the MobiPocket Desktop Reader. Click the Send button to send the book from the desktop PC to the handheld.
4. Whenever you connect the handheld to the desktop PC, the MobiPocket Desktop Reader automatically synchronizes the book between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.
5. Alternative: You can download the Free MobiPocket Reader directly to your handheld from http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/DownloadLinuxStep1.asp
Please also consider these products developed for You by MobileReference and SoundTells:
TRAVEL GUIDES AND PHRASEBOOKS: New York | Paris | London | Amsterdam | Boston | Miami | Chicago | Greece | Israel | Montreal | National Parks | more...- Search keywords mobilereference and travel
MEDICINE: Human Anatomy and Physiology | Human Nervous System | Neurophysiology | Neurochemistry | Biochemistry | Cell Biology | Medical Abbreviations and Terminology | Acupressure Guide | more...- Search keyword mobilereference
HEALTH: Acupressure Guide | First Aid Guide | Headache Remedy | Hangover Remedy - FREE | more...- Search keyword soundtells
SCIENCE: Human Anatomy and Physiology | Cell Biology | Chemistry | Organic Chemistry | Biochemistry | Human Nervous System | Neurophysiology | Neurochemistry | Periodic Table of Elements | more...- Search keyword mobilereference
HISTORY: Art History Guide | American Presidents | World Religions | U.S. History | European History | more...- Search keyword mobilereference
RELIGION: The World English Bible (Modern Translation) | The Holy Bible (American Standard Version) | World Religions | more...- Search keyword mobilereference
HOBBIES AND GAMES: Cookbook | Feng Shui | Chinese Astrology | Chess Guide | more...- Search keyword mobilereference