myBETAapp - BETASERON® (interferon beta-1b) is indicated for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis to reduce the frequency of clinical exacerbations. Patients with multiple sclerosis in whom efficacy has been demonstrated include patients who have experienced a first clinical episode and have MRI features consistent with multiple sclerosis.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
• BETASERON should be used with caution in patients with depression.
• Injection-site necrosis has been reported in 4% of patients in controlled trials. Patients should be advised of the importance of rotating injection sites.
• Severe hepatic injury, including cases of hepatic failure, has been reported. Patients should be monitored for liver enzyme elevations while taking BETASERON.
• BETASERON should be used with caution in patients with seizure disorders or cardiac disease.
• Female patients should be warned about the potential risk to pregnancy.
• Cases of anaphylaxis have been reported rarely.
• The most commonly reported adverse reactions are lymphopenia (low numbers of a certain kind of white blood cell), injection-site reaction, asthenia (general weakness), flu-like symptom complex (flu syndrome and/or a combination of at least two Adverse Events from fever, chills, muscle aches, tiredness and sweating), headache and pain. Gradual dose titration and use of analgesics during treatment initiation may help reduce flu-like symptoms.
See "Warnings," "Precautions," and "Adverse Reactions" sections of the full prescribing information at http://berlex.bayerhealthcare.com/html/products/pi/Betaseron_PI.pdf.
For important risk and use information, please see the full prescribing information at http://berlex.bayerhealthcare.com/html/products/pi/Betaseron_PI.pdf.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please note that comments posted on this website are not associated, endorsed or monitored by Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc (Bayer). Bayer values your comments, questions and concerns but will not respond to comments posted on this website. Instead please contact us directly at 1-888-84BAYER (1-888-842-2937). If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact your healthcare professional immediately.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
RIM BlackBerry OS 4.6, RIM BlackBerry OS 4.7, RIM BlackBerry OS 5.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 6.0
Epilepsia Journals App Epilepsia, the trusted source for epilepsy research and news, gives you a free mobile app so you can access instant, real-time updates
Parent and Baby Handbook The Parent and Baby Handbook provides answers and advice from the world's most renowned books on parenting
Hypertension BB43 A field guide for the management of Hypertension and associated risks
AHS EMS Medical Control Protocols The Alberta Health Services Emergency Medical Services Medical Control Protocols for BlackBerry gives you immediate access to easy-to-use Alberta Health Services Protocols for the pre-hospital care practitioner
Tarascon Pharmacopoeia The Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia has been the most popular and most trusted source of portable drug information since 1987
Desert Regional Medical Center The official BlackBerry® app of Desert Regional Medical Center! Patients and prospective customers use this app as a handy tool for information about Desert Regional Medical Center such as finding physicians, guidance to the hospital, health and first aid references, and storing of important personal medical data
Other Software by developer «Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, LLC»:
Comments on myBETAapp:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if myBETAapp supports it