SportyPal is an easy to use intuitive application for your mobile device. You activate it when you start your running, cycling, walking, rollerblading or similar exercise. In two simple clicks it will start to log and map your position, movement, distance, tempo and calories burned. It will not affect normal operation of your mobile phone, so you can still listen to music, receive and initiate calls and messages.
When you finish exercising, the collected performance information will be stored on your mobile. Later you can review it, compare it with other exercises or check your best performance achievements. SportyPal will present each exercise in a map view, draw elegant graphics charts of your performance or present summarized information. SportyPal is intuitively designed to assist you improve your performance in running, cycling, blading, walking, skiing or other workouts involving similar activities.
The real brilliance of SportyPal comes with the web integration. You have a possibility to upload your workouts on the internet with a simple click of a button on your mobile phone. Registering to SportyPal web application will enable you to have instant access to your workouts performance and maps from anywhere. The web application provides additional functionality for analysis of your fitness workouts. You can also share your exercises with your friends, comment on their performance or organize virtual competitions.
SportyPal will create a new excitement in your healthy sporty life.
What's New in This Release:
· Added new Speedometer view.
· Added a brand new Intervals view. Allows you to set checkpoints in your workout and view stats between checkpoints. Supports 3 modes: Automatic (based either on configurable distance or on configurable time), manual (a new checkpoint is created when you click on the newest checkpoint, like a lap timer) or track (gives results between track checkpoints)
· Added almost all configurable voice notifications that are available on Android. Some are available without a subscription.
· Heart-rate zone display now works properly on all phones.
· Blackberry: Back and Menu icons are no longer visible (the buttons still work)
· Blackberry: delete button in text field no longer works like back button.
· Other minor bugfixes
What's New in 2.3:
· Improved auto-pause algorithm
· Added: New filters which should eliminate extreme GPS errors.
· Added: You can now view actual/remaining distance/time for all goals and tracks.
· Added: You can now change the workout type in the workout details view using the workout type's icon.
· Added: Track delete option.
· Added: New help menu item in the main screen.
· Added: New Weather feature (can be accessed from the menu of the main screen)
· Added: New white GPS status icon - GPS is completely unavailable and unlikely to become available soon.
· Added: Warning message during workouts if no storage space is available.
· Changed: Accessing the workouts for the current month should be easier now.
· Fixed: After pausing and resuming a workout - unable to focus and switch the topmost progress bar on key phones
· Fixed: After acquiring gps and the manual start button is shown, the stop button was not visible.
· Fixed: After finishing a workout, starting another workout will properly reset the progress bars.
· Fixed: Blackberry: "Prevent standby" now works correctly.
· Fixed: Faster workout saving after finishing a workout (much faster on some phones).
· Fixed: Clicking on month in main screen will open the month workout list instead of the year list now.
· Fixed: Matching synced workouts with tracks
· Fixed: Other smaller issues...
What's New in 2.1:
· Weight, height and all other settings should now work correctly regardless of unit system
· Added calories calculation for all workout types except Paragliding, Driving, Freestyle, Flying and Sailing. Additionally, all calories calculation issues should be fixed now.
· Added an experimental HRM zone progressbar in the workout details screen. It is displayed only when a heart rate monitor is in use. Switching to it from the Distance or Goal progressbar is done in a way similar to the switching between actual / remaining / difference stats for a goal. It shows your current training zone based on % of your HRmax (which is currently estimated using age, but will be configurable in a later version).
· On touch-screen phones, touching the label right next to a scrolling roller will allow you to input a value from a separate screen using a numpad.
· Fixed a bug which caused a workout to be saved with a zero total time if the app was forcefully closed, the phone rebooted or battery died.
· Blackberry: when the screen is off, pressing the back/menu buttons will only wake up the screen now.
· Uploading a workout should now use 4-5 times less data traffic. As a result the maximum length of uploadable workouts should be increased 4-5 times now (especially on Blackberry: if you were able to upload up to 1 hour long workouts, you should now be able to upload up-to 4 hours long workouts)
· Auto-pause for cycling changed to account for MTB (requires lower speeds now)
What's New in 2.2.1:
· Fixed: The app hangs on the loading screen when running for the second time (BB 9700)
· Fixed: Connecting to a heart rate monitor may sometimes hang the app (in the settings screen when done testing the connection or after a workout is complete)
What's New in 2.0.3:
· KeyUp events are now explicitly enabled. As a result, the Menu key should work correctly now in all screens on all devices (including e.g. the License Agreement screen)
· You can now switch to another app using the Alt+Back shortcut without it having undesired side-effects (like pausing a running workout)
· Long-pressing the Menu key only opens the task switcher now (it won’t activate the menu of the app screen anymore).
What's New in 2.0.1:
· Radically re-designed and simplified the main screen for landscape screen devices with no touchscreen (like the Blackberry Bold)
· Blackberry: End call button now minimizes the app directly instead of asking if you want to exit.
· BlackBerry: Track details menu fixed and unnecessary buttons for menu and back removed
· Fixed back/delete from workout details trying to go to a month of the current year instead of the workout’s year
· Fixed: You can now exit the current workout screen while the phone is still searching for GPS (the dialog Yes button works)
· Fixed: BlackBerry “Sync tracks” menu item
· Fixed: “My profile” changes uploading now works only if you are logged in
· Fixed: Picking a month item from the month list always opens the workouts list with the month tab selected now.
· Changed: Goal and Track View can be opened for a preview (Syncing tracks and starting a goal ask for subscription)
· Added: Changing the selected tab (month or year) in the workouts list is easier now.
· Added: Confirmation message when deleting a track
What's New in 2.0:
· Greatly improved GPS accuracy (error reduced approximately 10 times, from 10%-30% to 1%-3%)
· Changed: Better softkeys, back key and menu key for all BlackBerry and keypad phones (Left Key = Menu/start , Right Key = Back)
· Added: Blackberry: Wile viewing the map you can pan, zoom, etc. by clicking s, d, f etc. buttons (no need to press alt first)
· Added: new hint panel witch shows the selected workout type name in landscape view.
· Added: Exit application question when BlackBerry end button is pressed
· Added: back button functionality to some dialogs (sync workouts/tracks)
· Added: option to upload profile after changing / editing it.
· Added: The workout lists now have arrows indicating if a previous/next month/year are available.
· Fixed: a bug with the end workout dialog being unusable (losing focus).
· Fixed: BlackBerry delete key will now correctly delete the numbers in number input field and keypad can be use directly
· Fixed: workout list was empty after deleting a workout which was just finished.
· Fixed: auto resume progressbar displayed text “PAUSE” after resume
· Fixed: Blackberry: starting a second workout now works correctly instead of stopping after 2 minutes.
· Fixed: Possibly fixed the bug where GPS remains turned on after sportypal is closed.
· Fixed: a bug with the first time loading process (now every element is preloaded exactly like it need to be)
· Fixed: No need to restart the application to see the Plan tab after login
· Fixed: Plan progress percentage now rounded
· Fixed: Negative remaining time values in plan
· Fixed: When setting a goal, increasing calories works correctly now
What's New in 1.2.5 / 2.0 beta 4:
· Fixed a bug which caused slowdown of the loading screen if the phone has many workouts.
· Fixed a bug which caused problems on workout sync
· Fixed some more unit conversion bugs (which sometimes caused weird numbers for distances, speeds and calories etc.)
· Removed the switch that turns off the open street map (its now always on)
· Logging in now correctly fills in your set birthday from sportypal.com
· Fixed display of subscription features remaining days and weeks (for both trials and subscriptions)
· Lots of other smaller bug fixes.