GPSLogger II is a pretty straightforward application - it records your physical movement on your BlackBerry device over time. The recorded information includes, beside your actual location data in WGS84, the elevation, your speed and some additional data. You can select between imperial, metric or nautical units.
The location information can be displayed on a plain canvas or GPSLogger II can make use of BlackBerryMaps (if installed) to display your movement on a map. Please note when you make use of BlackBerry Maps that this can imply additional data charges.
Additionally, GPSLogger II can direct you to a location that you either entered manually or have previously recorded (via the "Guide Me Home" function). This can be quite useful whether you want to locate your car in a big parking lot or you are in the wilderness and have lost your orientation.
As extended functionality to the "Guide Me Home" feature a very easy to use outdoor navigation is integrated into GPSLogger II also. As latest addon you can use GPSLogger II also as LapTimer - a very powerful feature for all who need to keep track of intermediate timings.
The most important aspect of GPSLogger II is that it will work 100% offline - no data will be transferred while you use it (except when the BlackBerryMap view is used).
What's New in This Release:
· With the last update (v18.104.22.168) there was an issue when you had running GPSLogger II in the foreground and have put the device in the holster. When you taken the device out of the holster again GPSLogger II did not update the screen anymore. Without going too deep into the details (since the root of the issue is once again in the core OS) this issue has been fixed in v22.214.171.124.
What's New in 126.96.36.199:
· Battery lifetime enhancements - the new version of GPSLogger should (hopefully) treat the Device battery a bit better. Please note that requesting constantly a GPS fix is quite a heavy task for your device but in the new version various changes have been implemented in order to extend the battery life of your Device as long as possible - specially when you allow the Device to turn the Backlight OFF or send GPSLogger II into the background.
· The opening the PathManager or LocationManager is now happening asynchronous - this would allow you to cancel the reading of all your Paths/Locations and should make this actions way more responsive.
· The BlackBerryMaps View can be completely disabled (or only be disabled while on Roaming). When you are using GPSLogger II either in a country that does not support BBMaps (yet) or you like to avoid any kind of data traffic you can completely disable the Map View in the 'Appearance & Startup' options.
What's New in 188.8.131.52:
· Hosting and joining a Public BBM channel will be now announced via the BBM User Profile. So when you like to host your location to a public channel simply enable the 'Post recent activities to my profile'. Joining a public hosted channel have become way more easy - simply click on the "Follow Me" Item in the GPSLogger II User Profile box.
· Post your location (frequently) to your BBM User Profile. In order to update your BBM Profile frequently with your current location you need to be enabled this feature in the BBM Integration Options of GPSLogger II. You can select between: OFF, each minute, each 5 minutes, each 15 minutes, each 30 minutes or each hour
· Click on a Location in the BBM Profile of another GPSLogger II User in order to load the user location as direction record in GPSLogger II.
· Sharing location information by eMail will include more & localized data (Elevation, Course and Speed).
· OS7.x main application icon size adjusted
What's New in 184.108.40.206 :
· Adjustments to the different GPS-Modes [specially 'Assisted (GSM/iDEN)/MS-Based (CDMA)'. Details about the different available GPS-Modes (and the difference between them) are include in the new created 'General Settings'-Manual page.
· Uncaught 'java.lang.Error' at application start (if essential permissions are missing) fixed.
· In the GPSLogger Manual some additional chapters have been added which explains various Option-Dialogs like 'General Settings', 'Appearance & Startup' or 'Remote Location Request Settings'.
What's New in 220.127.116.11:
· Revised initial Configuration & Information Dialog: DISCLAIMER & BlackBerry-Maps Info added. Additionally the YES/NO Confirmation-Popup-Dialog have been replaced with just two buttons in the initial Welcome Dialog.
· Adjustments to integrated BBM-Chat functionality when hosting a public GPSLogger II channel
What's New in 18.104.22.168:
· Always Center Location on Map: A new option in the Appearance & Startup Options allows you to keep your current location always centered on the center of the display. This feature can be used with the Map- and with the Path-View and can become quite handy when you are using the Outdoor-navigation function. Actually I have to admit that this feature was missing for quite a long time and finally it's there.
· Export Elevation in KML: a new switch in the Export Option allows you to include the elevation values in the KML in a format that allows to display the altitude of a location in GoogleEarth correctly. Ideal for logged flights.
· Unload Location: In addition to the unload Navigation Path you now can also unload the current Target Location (the location to which the device is currently pointing)
· PathDetails Popup (in the PathManager) will include various Date information (Start-Location Date, EndLocation Date & LogFile Date)
· Fix for Overall Time & Distance display when Minimum Speed Setting is configured and the current speed is below the minimum logging speed
· Fix for Elevation plausibility check
· Fix for imported Path's (where the timestamp information was missing)
· Fix for BBM-Notifications (include remote timestamp information) (fixed in 22.214.171.124)
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
RIM BlackBerry OS 4.6, RIM BlackBerry OS 4.7, RIM BlackBerry OS 5.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 6.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 7.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 7.1
VQ CarFinder WHERE DID I PARK MY CAR??!!VisionQuest Car Finder is the only car locating application that AUTOMATICALLY remembers where you parked