Hitchhiker-helps you to connect your Pocket PC to the wireless Internet. Simply click "Connect" and it will try all nearby public access points. Hitchhiker will handle all settings for you and perform complicated tests to ensure you can connect to the Internet in no time. Features:
- Requires .NET Compact Framework 2.0.
- Powered by WiFi Graph technology.
- Now support HP iPAQ hx2755 and hx4700 device.
- Support both WEP and WPA-PSK encryption.
- Speedy connect to wireless Internet via public hotspot.
- Fire-and-forget, one click away from the wireless Internet.
- Change IP address without manually cycling WLAN device.
- "IP Fastlane" input for rapid IP address input.
- Secure Internet access with WEP and WPA-PSK.
- Reconfigure system settings for optimal connection speed.
- Perform complicated Internet connectivity tests automatically.
- Report if the connection requires login.
- Keep your connection history and report the "hit/miss" ratio.
- Donate-A-Function! Update Description:
v0.4 Beta 1:
- Support devices running Windows Mobile 5.
- Support VGA device and Landscape orientation.
- When connected, notify user with notification balloon.
- Performance improved by loading network history in background.
- Automatic retry when WLAN is not found. v0.32:
- Fixed WEP/WPA dialog crash on close. v0.31:
- Use Regular Expressions on "AcceptedRedirectedDomainList".
- Use www.google.com/pda instead of www.google.com for redirection test.
- Show IP address in the Info Box, shown as "Last Connected as 192.168.0.1 (Private)".
- History filename renamed for better clarity.
- Fixed crash on exit.
- Flush ARP table when associated with a network.
- Fixed detect Skype installation problem.
- DHCP detection test more robust to multiple IP addresses.
- Rename "Allowed Networks" to "Trusted Networks" for clarity.
- Add "Allow Trusted Networks Only" to quickly switch between Trusted Networks and Public Networks.
- Fixed infinite looping of "Renew IP" to "Successful" in rare case.
- Boost ranking if the network was connected 5 seconds ago.
- Fixed a bug that may clears all network entries when application crash in some cases.
- Fixed application crash under certain situation.
- Assume failed to contact DHCP when DHCP renewal is failed.
- More robust testing against IP address input using Regular Expressions.
- Last IP address and scope now show in lower pane after application restart.
- Incompatible .NET Compact Framework warning message now display at startup time. v0.3:
- Fixed problem with HP iPAQ hx2755 and HP iPAQ hx4700 (reported by beta testers).
- Fixed bug in looping the available network list (no longer try only first network).
- Support both WEP and WPA-PSK encryption.
- Added "Allowed Network List", only those listed in the list will be connected.
- Added "Set IP Address" function with "IP Fastlane" intelligent input.
- Added WLAN power control. Hitchhiker will now turn on and off WLAN automatically.
- Customized sound effect to alert you when you are connected or not.
- Added "Start Skype for Pocket PC" to Quick Launch box.
- More verbose message on different Internet tests.
- DNS test prolonged from 8 seconds to 12 seconds for better accuracy with less responsive DNS servers.
- Added warning message when running with .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2 or lower.
- Auto login MSN Messenger if enabled (emulating behavior as if connected with GPRS).
- Keep backlight on when Connect button is pressed.
- Added "Ignore by Network" to ignore access points with specified network name.
- Increased readability with VGA device.
- Configuration files now in indented XML format.
- History files now moved to "My DocumentsHitchhikerHistory".
- Added red warning message when connected to public network.
- Quick Launch box animation disabled when using Pocket PC with clock speed lower than 390MHz. v0.2:
- Support WEP and WPA-PSK network key and store in WZC.
- Fire-and-forget, keep trying all possible networks.
- Quick launch toolbox for built-in network tools.
- Audible note when connection established.
- Prioritize connections based on score.
- WZC settings survive even application crash (require simple manual recovery). v0.11:
- Application icon is now showing properly.
- Retains original security settings (WEP/WPA) after close.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
Other Software by developer «Kasuei Consultant Group»:
Stylish Transform your Pocket PC into a wireless trackpad and digital whiteboard
WiFi Graph Easily view neighboring APs and their connectivity
HKTraffic Check Out Traffic Condition of All Major Roads in Hong Kong