Theodolite - Based on a centuries-old astronomical instrument, Theodolite is a cool multi-function augmented reality app for the iPhone that serves as a compass, GPS, map, zoom camera, rangefinder, and two-axis inclinometer. Theodolite overlays real time information about position, altitude, bearing, and horizontal/vertical inclination on the iPhone’s live camera image, like an electronic viewfinder. Uses are endless, and the app is great for hiking, boating, hunting, golf, sports, sightseeing, navigation, and finding your way around. The app is used extensively by surveyors, geologists, architects, engineers, military personnel, and search and rescue workers around the world.
Theodolite lets you take camera images and screenshots directly from the app, with 2X and 4X digital zoom options. You can choose to stamp geographical data and custom notes directly on the saved image for later reference. View your current position on the built in map view, with standard, satellite, and hybrid modes.
The flagship of the Theodolite series, Pro includes features for serious users like a reference angle mode, an A-B calculator for height, distance, heading, position, triangulation, and relative angles, e-mail export with KML data, system-wide clipboard integration, percent grade display, mil compass readout, optical rangefinders (including a mil-based reticle), military grid reference system (MGRS) coordinates, universal transverse Mercator (UTM) coordinates, and four latitude/longitude formats.
Theodolite works on any iPhone. GPS functionality requires an iPhone 3G, 3GS, or 4. Compass functionality requires an iPhone 3GS or 4. On iPhone 4, compass and inclinometer data are augmented by the gyro, and the application uses high res artwork for the Retina Display.
What's New in This Release:
· Optional "Datum Pack" in-app purchase that adds over 220 new geodetic datums to the app for more accurate position and altitude computation from GPS data. Datums include NAD-27, NAD-83, OSGB-36, ED-50, and hundreds of others, covering regions and countries on all continents around the world.
· Four new position formats for the UK and Ireland, including British National Grid and Irish National Grid. Absolute and Subgrid relative Eastings and Northings are given.
· Revised hardware status indicators and status screen.
What's New in 3.1:
· Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5. Improvements to map marker sharing. Improved rendering of map markers, compass rose, and azimuth pointer. Live map markers, with realtime distance/heading updates (relative to current position). Map marker sharing and e-mail export integration with Gaia GPS. Improved handling of MGRS, UTM, and UTM-B search/lookup on map screen using format prefixes (see user manual for details). Variable 4X-24X rangefinder scope reticle. SLR camera style round wire reticle with focus prism and exposure indicator. Team tracking available through in-app purchase (see user manual for details).
What's New in 3.0:
· Movie recording, with optional screen/watermark overlays and multiple video quality settings. Three large-format stadiametric rangefinders (sniper/artillery/hunter style, showing distance multipliers, yards, or meters). Revised position formats with new decimal minutes option. Larger font sizing for photo data stamp watermark, with three color options. Onscreen indicator for magnetic declination errors. Bug fix to e-mail export URLs. Numerous performance improvements and tweaks.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Other Software by developer «Hunter Research and Technology»:
Theodolite Free Based on a centuries-old astronomical instrument, Theodolite Free is a cool multi-function augmented reality app for the iPhone that serves as a compass, GPS, zoom scope, and two-axis inclinometer
Theodolite Basic Based on a centuries-old astronomical instrument, Theodolite Basic is a cool multi-function augmented reality app for the iPhone that serves as a compass, GPS, map, zoom camera, and two-axis inclinometer
Wx for iPad Wx displays current conditions, forecasts, alerts, and radar for U.S. locations using high fidelity XML data from the U.S. National Weather Service
Flow (iPhone) Flow is a handy fluid dynamics app for the iPhone and iPod Touch
gMeter GMeter is an application that turns the iPhone and iPod Touch into a vehicle performance computer
greenMeter GreenMeter is an application for the iPhone and iPod Touch that computes your vehicle's power and fuel usage characteristics and evaluates your driving to increase efficiency, reduce fuel consumption and cost, and lower your environmental impact
gyroCam This full-featured camera app has a killer new feature: it automatically levels photos in real time, while shooting
Butterfly Collection Roam the world from your iPhone or iPod Touch to explore diverse species of butterflies and moths
ODAT Tracker This application tracks deals from backcountry.com's "one deal at a time" (ODAT) sites