Encyclopedia - The Concise English Encyclopedia (Palm) - The Concise English Encyclopedia for Smartphone, BlackBerry, and PDA. Over 70,000 articles carefully checked for accuracy and completeness by a team of experts. Only 9MB - small enough to fit into the main memory.
Examples of Encyclopedia Articles -
ABBA: ABBA was a Swedish pop music group active from 1972 until 1982, and are the most successful act ever to come out of Scandinavia. The quartet topped charts worldwide from the mid-1970s to the early 1980s....
Acetate: An acetate, or ethanoate, is a salt or ester of acetic acid.
Spin: In physics, spin is the angular momentum intrinsic to a body, as opposed to orbital angular momentum, which is the motion of its center of mass about an external point. ...
Wales: Wales is one of the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom. Wales is located in the south-west of Great Britain ...
Liszt, Franz: Franz Liszt (October 22 1811 - July 31 1886) was a Hungarian virtuoso pianist and composer of the Romantic period. He was a renowned performer throughout Europe during the 19th century, noted especially for his showmanship and great skill with the piano.
Tibia: The tibia is the larger of the two bones in the leg below the knee in vertebrates.
Tank: A tank is a tracked armoured combat vehicle designed to engage enemies head-on, using direct fire from a large caliber-gun and supporting fire from machine guns.
· Over 70,000 articles carefully checked for accuracy and completeness by a team of experts.
· People, History, Literature, Business, Biology, Engineering, Chemicals, Animals and plants, Actors and Actresses, Music bands and albums, Movies, Military equipment, Medical terminology – we would not be able to list all subjects covered by this encyclopedia.
· Intuitive navigation: just start typing in the word - the list of available articles is updated automatically.
· No memory card? - No problem. You do not need a memory card to load this Encyclopedia. The Encyclopedia only takes about 9MB and will load into main memory of your Smartphone, BlackBerry or PDA. You can also load the Encyclopedia on the memory card.
· The Encyclopedia is based on Wikipedia, the largest collection of reference work in the history of human knowledge. To keep the file size manageable we have only included the abstracts from each article.
· FREE updates.
· The FREE trial version includes randomly chosen articles.