Collins French-English Dictionary and Verbs - Carry a dependable French and English language reference in your pocket with the Collins Pro French-English Translation Dictionary. You will have definitions, translation, examples of use, verb conjugations, and more at your fingertips - take a look at the reviews to see why users love this app!
This app includes:
- Over 84,000 fully developed definitions for 45,000 headwords
- Automatic recognition of inflected forms (conjugations, plurals)
- Phonetic breakdown of each entry
- Slang, technical language, and regional spelling and usage differences
- Thousands of biographical and geographic entries
- Etymologies (word histories)
- Pinch and drag to zoom in on results in the dictionary
- Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
- Number-to-text converter
- Easy tap-on-word feature to extend your search
- Provides smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
- Back and forward buttons
- No Internet connection required
The verb tool:
- Conjugates thousands of French and English verbs
- Includes all standard forms - from present progressive to conditional
- View all verb forms simultaneously, and swap tenses with a single click
Tap on any word for easy access to extended searches, verb conjugations, and Google searches. Collins dictionary apps by Ultralingua are available for English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more.
The history view:
- Records 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and number translations in one place
- Sort alphabetically or by date
- Clear the list completely, or delete items one at a time
- When it saves your verb conjugations, it remembers which tense you looked at last to keep the list relevant and uncluttered.
Collins Dictionaries, a division of HarperCollins, has published top-flight dictionaries since 1819. The Pro-level dictionary software, developed and distributed by Ultralingua, represents the cutting edge in dictionary data and software.
What's New in This Release:
· Quick fix for various crashing scenarios, especially on older devices.
What's New in 1.5:
New for iPhone users:
· Infinite scrolling! Browse the dictionary forever, without being interrupted by breaks between entries.
New for iPad users:
· Retina art! The before and after is really outstanding.
New for EVERYONE:
· Copy and paste are back! Tap individual words in the iPhone or iPad app to bring up the copy and paste menu items.
· Minimum iOS version raised to 3.2
· Minor bug fixes
What's New in 1.4.3:
· Minor bug fixes
What's New in 1.4.2:
· Now compatible with iOS 5
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Other Software by developer «Ultralingua Software»:
English-Latin Dictionary A collegiate-level dictionary for students and language professionals, offering thousands of entries, plus slang, technical vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and translation of numbers to text