Collins-Robert Concise French Dictionary - Carry a dependable French and English language reference in your pocket with the Collins Pro French-English Translation Dictionary. You will have definitions, translation, examples of use, verb conjugations, and more at your fingertips - take a look at the reviews to see why users love this app!
This app includes:
- Over 84,000 fully developed definitions for 45,000 headwords
- Automatic recognition of inflected forms (conjugations, plurals)
- Phonetic breakdown of each entry
- Slang, technical language, and regional spelling and usage differences
- Thousands of biographical and geographic entries
- Etymologies (word histories)
- Pinch and drag to zoom in on results in the dictionary
- Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
- Number-to-text converter
- Easy tap-on-word feature to extend your search
- Provides smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
- Back and forward buttons
- No Internet connection required
The verb tool:
- Conjugates thousands of French and English verbs
- Includes all standard forms - from present progressive to conditional
- View all verb forms simultaneously, and swap tenses with a single click
Tap on any word for easy access to extended searches, verb conjugations, and Google searches. Collins dictionary apps by Ultralingua are available for English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more.
The history view:
- Records 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and number translations in one place
- Sort alphabetically or by date
- Clear the list completely, or delete items one at a time
- When it saves your verb conjugations, it remembers which tense you looked at last to keep the list relevant and uncluttered.
Collins Dictionaries, a division of HarperCollins, has published top-flight dictionaries since 1819. The Pro-level dictionary software, developed and distributed by Ultralingua, represents the cutting edge in dictionary data and software.
What's New in This Release:
· Based on the 8th edition of the Collins Robert Concise French Dictionary from HarperCollins and Dictionnaires Le Robert.
· Streamlined navigation, for fast consultation. All searching, conjugation, number translation, etc. happens from a single search box, with all results on a single screen.
· Smart search searches both languages simultaneously, finds root words and accent-insensitive matches, adjusts for articles and prepositions (e.g. "l'homme" finds "homme"), etc.
· Beautiful redesigned dictionary display
· Combine your separate Ultralingua dictionaries via iCloud into the convenient all-in-one Ultralingua Bookshelf app
· Change fonts and font sizes
· Powerful and convenient in-line verb conjugator includes translations and many new tenses.
· Mark your Favorites, including words, number translations, and verb conjugations.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Other Software by developer «Ultralingua Software»:
Collins English Dictionary and Verbs Over 100,000 definitions * No internet connection required * Hundreds of usage notes and examples * Conjugates thousands of Spanish and English verbs
English-Latin Dictionary A collegiate-level dictionary for students and language professionals, offering thousands of entries, plus slang, technical vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and translation of numbers to text