MAME4droid Reloaded is developed by David Valdeita (Seleuco), port of MAME 0.134u4 emulator by Nicola Salmoria and TEAM.
MAME4droid Reloaded emulates arcade games supported by original MAME 0.134u4.
This MAME4droid version is targeted to Dual-Core devices (1GHz and 512MB RAM minimum), because it is based on a high specs 2009 PC MAME build. Anyway don't expect arcade games of the 90s to work at full speed. With some games that are really bad optimized (like outrun or mk series) you will need at least a 1.5 ghz dual-core device. This is related to MAME build used, since it is targeted to high specs PCs. This version doesn't have an uml back end ARM dynamic recompiler, which means drivers based on high specs arcade CPUs won't be playable (it has no sense since this games will be slow in any case).
Said that, with a low end device, use at your own risk. It is recommended you use MAME4droid (0.37b5) instead. Remember that games that can be emulated on both MAME4droid versions will run much faster on MAME4droid (0.37b5) than on MAME4droid Reloaded (0.134), and will drain less battery.
This version emulates over 8000 different romsets.
Tips to help performance: use lower quality sound or switch it off. Disable stick and buttons animations and disable smooth scaling also.
After installing, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4droid/roms folder.
MAME4droid Reloaded uses only '0.134u4' romset. MAME4droid Reloaded features:
· Save States
· Support for 2.1 and upper Android devices.
· Native support for Android Honeycomb tablets.
· HW Keys remapping.
· Touch Controller can be shown/hidden.
· Smooth image.
· Overlay Filters, scalines, CRT..
· Digital or Analog touch selectable.
· Animated touch stick or DPAD.
· Button Layout customizable control.
· iON's iCade and iCP (as iCade mode) external controllers supported.
· Wiimote support using WiiCrotroller Market app.
· Tilt Sensor as left/right.
· 1 to 6 buttons optionally shown.
· Options for video aspect ratio, scaling, rotate.
What's New in This Release:
· XD S7800b, Archos Gamepad 2 support. Improved immersive mode. Added option to delete nvram and cfg files. Added selectable save-load combo. Some bug fixes.
What's New in 1.5:
· Added default button mapping for dual stick ROMs like robotron. Added selectable suspend notification.Some bug Fixes.
What's New in 1.2:
· Added local multiplayer (up to 4 players). Added true analog control (It makes more playable analog games like StarWars and lightgun games like OperationWolf). Fixed Taito X system (now Superman works). Added P1 Player as P2,P3,P4 input option. Some bug fixes.
What's New in 1.1.2:
· Added touch button size selector, fixed artifactsimproved scaling on auto resolution mode, fixed some Opengl issues.
What's New in 1.1.1:
· Upgraded to MAME 0.139u1 to fix savestate problems with drivers using OKI audio.
· Enabled SH2 core, now works CPS3.
· Added speed hacks to make playable same games, accessible through MAME menu pressing coin+start in game.
· Added force pixel aspect option.
· Some bug fixes.
What's New in 1.1:
· Upgraded to MAME 0.139.
· Fixed/Added input mapping in MAME menu.
· Added correct 4/3 aspect ratio (now works MAME menu aspect ratio selector).
· Fixed flickering on GL mode.
· Improved ROM manager (still stuff pending anyway).
· Added emulated resolution selector to improve artwork rendering.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Google Android 2.1, Google Android 2.2, Google Android 2.3, Google Android 3.0, Google Android 3.1, Google Android 3.2, Google Android 4.0, Google Android 4.1, Google Android 4.2, Google Android 4.3, Google Android 4.4, Google Android 5.x, Google Android 6.x
Other Software by developer «David Valdeita»:
Xpectroid Xpectroid is a ZX Spectrum 48K, 128K, Plus2, Plus2A, Plus3 emulator for Android
MAME4droid MAME4droid emulates arcade games supported by original MAME 0.37b5 plus some additional games from newer MAME versions