American Idioms Dictionary - Shape up your English with thousands of idioms! Whether you are a learner of English who is having difficulty understanding expressions in everyday speech or a native speaker who wants to expand your written or spoken range, you need a comprehensive reference for idioms, common phrases, and sayings of American English. McGraw-Hill's American Idioms Dictionary shows you the ropes of English.
Some examples of the colorful English language, as spoken by Americans:
at peace - relaxed and happy
every trick in the book - every deceptive method known
Johnny-on-the-spot - someone who is in the right place at the right time
make a killing - to have a great success, especially in making money
nine-to-five job - a job with normal daytime hours
scream bloody murder - to complain bitterly
take a powder - to leave; to leave town
· Expand your English-speaking abilities with these 14,000-plus expressions, proverbs, and common sayings, listed alphabetically
· Use American idioms correctly by following the many helpful examples
· Easily find the right phrase by one of its key words
What's New in This Release:
· Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access.
· Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad).
What's New in 4.0:
· Pinch Zoom iOS 3.2
· Screen rotation in the word list
What's New in 3.08:
· Multitasking feature added for iOS 4
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Other Software by developer «Mobile Systems, Inc.»:
Common Symptom Guide (iPhone/iPad) Common Symptom Guide - The Common Symptom Guide is the most trusted and easy-to-use reference for quickly and accurately evaluating and treating patients based on presenting symptoms
MobiSystems OfficeSuite Classic 7 (Palm OS) MobiSystems OfficeSuite Classic 7 (Palm OS) - Work with remote documents and synchronize with your PC.
· The first and only solution to support True Type Fonts right on the PDA or SmartPhone; with the free font converting utility that comes with the software you can install any Windows True Type font on your PDA
MSDict Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus (Blackberry) WordNet is a large lexical database of English with up to 140,000 entries and more than 1.4 million words, developed by the Cognitive Science Laboratory at Princeton University.
Instead of following the standard dictionary format, the WordNet dictionary is organized with an innovative and convenient approach