New York City Essential Guide - Take juicy bites of the Big Apple with this original guide that narrows New York’s overwhelming options to 275 highlights and hidden gems from must-see museums to the most delicious delis.
Why this app?
Our listings are packed with essential details, fun facts and stunning images not found elsewhere. A tour guide on Gray Line double-decker buses created this guide from scratch. This sightseeing expert is also a travel writer and photographer born in Manhattan and living in Brooklyn who understands the city inside out.
Travel with us, and you’ll come to understand New York better than the locals. 10 terrific walking tours seamlessly lead you through popular areas with a personal touch.
Other apps are long on listings but short on substance. We’re selectively comprehensive. 275 expert reviews with 2,000 photos steer you to the best of New York with practical tips on how to see the city efficiently and affordably. Need individual advice? Ask the author through in-app comments to get personalized feedback at your fingertips. No other NYC app is this visual or responsive!
• Best of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx
• Landmarks, museums, neighborhoods, outdoor activities, shops, shows, sports, hidden gems, classic bars, historic restaurants and decadent desserts
• 10 self-guided walking tours
• 75 essential eats
• 100+ FREE things to do
• Money-saving tips and insider info
• Discounts to 2 small museums
• Estimated taxi fare from your location to featured sites
• Offline maps and content - no connection required
Please understand this is an essential guide for sightseeing, not hotels or nightlife. Restaurants and bars are only included if historic or unique. Don’t worry, you won’t go hungry or thirsty with our selections and eating guides to Chinatown, Little Italy and Times Square.
Expect this application to be your travel buddy, saving you time and money in an expensive city. We include important details other apps leave out. Best of all, we keep growing! Updates every few months add new listings and improved technology to make this the most useful and current guide on the market.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed bug to load photos faster
· Fixed bug for landscape mode on iPhone
What's New in 3.0:
· Software updates - performance and compatibility improvements
· Bug fixes
· Minor content updates
What's New in 2.8:
· 100% updated content to keep this the most current NYC guide in the App Store!
· Links to Twitter, Facebook, OpenTable - make a restaurant reservation right from the app
· 7 new listings, including top brunch spots and romantic restaurants
· Expanded Trip Planning details
What's New in 2.7:
· Improved user interface
· 15 new listings
· Updated calendar and site descriptions
· Software enhancements
What's New in 2.3:
· Offline maps
· 25 new sites, 5 new walking tours
· Updated event calendar, listings and photos
· Improved slideshows, maps, links
· One-time tutorial
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Pacifica Community Guide Complete guide to everyone's favorite surfing town located just south of San Francisco along the Pacific Coast
Sonoma Winery Tour This interactive guide makes it easy to choose, find and enjoy Sonoma's 100's of charming wineries, good deals, beautiful views, interesting tours, friendly staff, tasty markets and lovely picnic spots among the vines