Air Display - Ever wish you had an extra display for your Mac or Windows computer? There's an app for that! With Air Display, you can use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch as a wireless display, to extend your computer desktop.
Developed by Avatron Software, home of the popular Air Sharing and Print Sharing applications, Air Display lets you position your iOS device next to your computer, drag windows onto it, and interact with those windows as you would on any other computer display.
· Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse.
· Air Display works in both landscape and portrait configurations. Just rotate your screen, and it automatically reconfigures.
· Air Display makes a laptop much more useful. Adding the iPad's 1024x768 display nearly doubles the screen area of a laptop or netbook.
· Air Display not only gives you a wireless computer screen extender, but also works as a tablet input device. You can use your finger to draw directly on the screen's surface. Try it with a calculator app, painting tool, or music control surface! Simple gestures allow you to operate the right mouse button and scroll wheel.
· You can connect to Air Display from both Mac and Windows. And because it's a universal app, it works on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
· When you rotate the screen, or disconnect and reconnect, your windows are automatically repositioned appropriately, so you don't have to drag them back to the iOS device.
· You can choose to connect automatically to Air Display every time you launch the app.
What's New in This Release:
· iOS 6 & iPhone 5 Support
What's New in 1.6.2:
· Bug Fixes
What's New in 1.6.1:
· Now supporting Retina resolution (both Windows and Mac)
· Significant frame rate and latency improvements (both Windows and Mac)
· Much faster initial connection (Mac)
· Virtual keystrokes were generating double key events on new iPad
· Not sending modifier keys (shift, control, etc) with touch events
· First frame was sometimes not drawn
· Cosmetic issues
What's New in 1.6:
· If you have Mac OS X Lion and a Retina iOS device, now you can turn on "HiDPI mode." HiDPI is a built-in Mac OS X feature that makes UI elements render at double resolution. It's absolutely stunning on a Retina display. By default, Mac OS X disables HiDPI because until now, there has been no Mac display with high enough resolution. Air Display on a new iPad, with its 2048x1536 264-dpi Retina display, finally brings HiDPI to life.
RETINA DISPLAY (Mac OS X 10.6+ only):
· Devices with Retina displays now can optionally render at high resolution. You can still choose to view at non-Retina resolutions.
· Air Display now uses the full screen resolution when scaling (while doing video out or mirroring a larger device).
· No longer disabling drivers on MacBook Pro models with NVIDIA 9400M/9600M video adapter. Please see avatron.com/lion for more information.
· Fixed bugs related to modifier keys on the virtual and Bluetooth keyboards, when connected to a Mac. Requires Mac Air Display Connect update.
· Fixed the "Enable Keyboard" option (in the Air Display section in the Settings app).
· Improved frame rate and quality.
· Fixed video output bugs.
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Fixed a screen corruption bug.
What's New in 1.4.2:
· Fixed some issues related to letter-boxing and pillar-boxing when mirroring
· Fixed some rare crash bugs
· Addressed a Lion compatibility issue
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)