Stretching - Fitness guide to improving flexibility and muscular power.
Any movement that requires moving a body part to the point at which there is an increase in the movement of a joint can be called a stretching exercise. Stretching can be done either actively or passively. Active stretching occurs when the person doing the stretch is the one holding the body part in the stretched position. Passive stretching occurs when someone else moves the person to the stretch position and then holds the person in the position for a set time.
Covers following stretching exercises:
- Shoulders, back, and chest
- Arms, wrists and hands
- Lower trunk
- Knees and thighs
- Feet and calves
Benefits of Stretching
- Improved flexibility, stamina (muscular endurance), and muscular strength.
- Reduced muscle soreness, aches, and pains.
- Improved flexibility.
- Good muscular and joint mobility.
- More efficient muscular movements and fluidity of motion.
- Prevention of some lower back problems.
- Improved appearance and self-image.
- Improved body alignment and posture.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Java ME, Java Nokia 240x320, Java SE 240x320
Comments on Stretching:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Stretching supports it