Historypin enables users todiscover windows into the past by seeing and interacting with the history all around you.
The official Historypin app reveals photos near your current location and allows you to view them layered over the modern scene in front of you. You can also explore Collections of some of the best old photos from around the world, wherever you are.
You can add your own piece of history and pin it to the map, too, by using your phone to digitise an old photo, capture a modern moment of historic importance, or take a modern replica of a photo on the app.
And if you shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, your phone will bring up some of the best photos from all over the globe.
· Explore the Historypin map - the Historypin map has 1000s of images and stories pinned to it and the app allows you to browse this by date and location, using your location to find the nearest content, or exploring remotely.
· Explore the streets - holding your phone up to the street, the app uses your camera view to display nearby images. By selecting the image, it can be overlaid onto the modern view to create an historical comparison, which you can toggle or fade between.
· Read stories and recollections - all stories shared can be accessed through the app.
· Capture a modern moment of history - images taken with the app are immediately pinned to the Historypin map, with any captions and stories you add. Images can also be added from your phone's albums.
· Digitise an old photo - take photos of old pictures as an easy alternative to scanning them, then add photo details and pin them directly to the Historypin map.
· Take modern equivalents of old classics - when exploring historic content, you can snap exact contemporary replicas
· Browse Collections from anywhere - you can explore selected Collections from Historypin.com
· Shake history up - a simple shake of the app brings up a random piece of content from anywhere in the world
What's New in This Release:
· iOS 6 Support
· Various bug-fixes
What's New in 2.0:
· We've completely redesigned the interface to make it more usable and enjoyable to use.
· You can also now explore Tours on your phone, walking you step-by-step through a series pieces of themed content pinned to a route on the map.
· The app now shows all users' Channels, so you can easily find all the photos, videos, audios, stories, Tours and Collections uploaded and curated by yourself, other individuals and enormous archives from around the world, such as the US National Archives, Imperial War Museums and The English Heritage Archive
What's New in 1.02:
· Improvements to map speed
· Stability improvements for various iOS versions
What's New in 1.01:
· Various bug fixes
· Stability improvements
· Performance improvements
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Other Software by developer «We Are What We Do»:
Comments on Historypin:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Historypin supports it