View maps of Earth with PrettyEarth! See current day and night regions, learn geography by taking the quiz, enjoy relief elevation surfaces and measure distances between locations. PrettyEarth lets you view off-line vector and raster maps and images (such as country boundaries, cities, rivers, buildings, roads, satellite photos, digital elevation models and topographies), search in geographically-referenced data and extend your knowledge by taking an educational quiz.
all maps are free:
political: country boundaries with country names, capitals, population sizes, ...
major cities with names, status, population ranks and classes, ...
comprehensive set of data for each country, based on the current information from The World Factbook
USA states with areas, population sizes, males, females, age, marriage, race, and household statistics, ...
satellite photos and images
and many more!
no Internet connection required
data search for vector maps
versatile quiz with teacher mode for vector map databases
zoom range from whole planet to meters
support for vector maps (points, lines, areas)
support for raster maps (terrain elevation and bathymetry, images, symbolic)
handles multi-attribute data associated with vector map objects
GPS fleet tracking service: PrettyEarth can regularly report locations so that you know where your fleet is, and others know where you are
relief and elevation (DEM) view with vector map overlay
shows day and night regions, computes shadow length and sun/north orientation
various color schemes for elevation maps
multiple, configurable vector map layers
bar charts and color-by option for numeric features in vector map databases
sessions to quickly save/restore program state
numerous settings to customize the program
Try before you buy! PrettyEarth is a shareware with a 30-day evaluation period, then you have to register.
What's New in This Release:
· new option to adjust behavior on startup: don't open maps / restore recent session / open political map / elevation map
· non-ascii (language-specific) characters are now supported in user maps
· user maps can be created and edited for other planets
· while selecting area in the "zoom area" mode, the red rectangle shows the actual area after zooming
· all settings windows redesigned and more responsive
· improved GPS support for older devices (Windows Mobile 4.x) and for some non-standard devices
· "Open Maps" window more responsive (opens and scrolls quickly)
· completely redesigned and reimplemented rendering: faster map drawing and panning
· faster zoom area/measure tools
· improved support for devices with screen resolution above 640px
· faster relief rendering
· numerous GUI improvements
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional