Dictionary.com for iPad - Carry a dictionary and thesaurus wherever you go with this easy to use app! View language reference content from trusted sources like Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com right from your iPad.
The application gives you access to a comprehensive database of more than 2 million words, with detailed definitions, synonyms, antonyms, word origins, example sentences, and audio pronunciations. In addition, it delivers daily useful content, such as Word of the Day and The Hot Word.
· Offline access - no Internet connection needed for most content
· Audio pronunciation
· Example sentences
· Word origin & history
· Voice search (five free searches included)
· Favorite words
· Search history
· Spelling suggestions
· Popular & local trending searches
· Shake your iPad to receive a random, surprise word
What's New in This Release:
· FREE advanced Learner's Dictionary provides additional content for English learners, or anyone looking for more context.
· New Encyclopedia upgrade
· Various improvements and bug fixes.
What's New in 3.2.3:
· Bug fixes and improvements.
What's New in 3.2.2:
· Fixed an issue with in-app purchases, that was being experienced by some users. To download content that you already purchased, tap on "Restore Purchases" from the Upgrades screen.
What's New in 3.2:
· Sleek new design for iOS7
· Slideshow gallery with popular daily content
· New premium content: Slang Dictionary, Idioms & Phrases and Grammar & Tips, available as in-app purchases
What's New in 3.1:
· Fast & modern design makes it easier to explore the English language
· More than 2,000 new words, including mankini, quantitative easing & prepone
· New Rhyming Dictionary with 500,000 rhymes
· Daily Slideshows with surprising word facts
· Landscape mode: Scroll the dictionary alphabetically
What's New in 2.4:
· More than one million example sentences added
· Unlimited number of favorite words, now alphabetized
· Bug fixes