Molecules is an application for viewing three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulating them using your fingers. You can rotate the molecules by moving your finger across the display, zoom in or out by using two-finger pinch gestures, or pan the molecule by moving two fingers across the screen at once. Double-tapping on the display lets you switch visualization modes.
New molecules can be downloaded from the RCSB Protein Data Bank (http://www.rcsb.org/pdb), an international repository of biological molecules and their 3-D structures. Molecules can be downloaded directly to your iPhone or iPod touch and stored there for later viewing.
Custom molecular structures can also be downloaded to the device from any publicly available web server. The location of these structures can either be manually specified in the application or custom URLs can be clicked on within Safari or Mail on the device. For more details, please visit the website.
Molecules is a BSD-licensed open source project.
What's New in This Release:
· Added support for the new Retina iPad to the rendering engine and artwork.
· Added a color key for elements to iPad interface.
· Slightly improved rendering fidelity on iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
· Fixed a few minor rendering glitches.
What's New in 2.02:
· Rendering performance in the new engine has been dramatically improved, 3-6 times what it was in the previous version.
What's New in 1.4.2:
· Improved rotation performance.
· Added compatibility with multitasking.
· Added Retina display support.
· Fixed search when only one result is returned from the PDB.
· Fixed rendering of bonds for certain amino acid residues.
· Fixed errant and missing bonds from custom bond locations.
· Visualization mode now persists across different molecules
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Chemistry (iPad) RealSimpleEDU brings you on-the-go learning and reference for Chemistry
Atom in a Box Atom in a Box is an aid for visualizing the Hydrogenic atomic orbitals, the three-dimensional states that the electron occupies in Hydrogen, a prime and otherwise unwieldy example of Quantum Mechanics
Chem Pro Lite Chem Pro Lite contains 10 basic Chemistry video lessons (with over 3 hours of playback time) to help you get started with your Chemistry course