SkyView - Where will the Sun rise and set today? Is there a Full Moon tonight? Where is the constellation Orion? Am I looking at a bright star or a planet? What are some fun facts about these objects?
SkyView is a powerful and easy-to-use application that answers these questions and more. Simply point the camera to the sky, tap on what you see and discover really neat things about these sky objects. SkyView is unique because it blends the camera view with incredible 3D graphics of the sky objects to provide a really neat Augmented Reality (AR) view of your sky.
SkyView helps you find planets, stars, constellations, and satellites. Type the name of the object and then simply follow the arrow until it appears in the camera view.
· Sky Paths - Select the Sun, Moon, or a planet and see its path through the sky for a 24 hour period. Move the camera along this path and see when and where this object will be compared to your horizon. It may even be below your feet.
· Change the Date and Time - Travel to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times! For example, use SkyView to see how the planets will align on interesting dates such as December 21st, 2012!
· Final NASA Space Shuttle Missions (Discovery, Endeavour, and Atlantis) - Use SkyView to witness history by viewing the final flights of the Space Shuttle Discovery, Endeavour and Atlantis as they streak across the night sky.
· Amazing 3D Graphics - Surround yourself with beautiful, 3D graphics of the Sun, Moon, planets, stars, constellations, and satellites as you point the camera to the sky.
· Stars and Constellations - Stargazing has never been so easy! Just aim and tap the screen to identify hundreds of stars in the night sky! Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out of the camera view.
· Satellites - View the brightest satellites orbiting Earth including the International Space Station, the Hubble Space Telescope and the final Space Shuttle Missions! SkyView automatically retrieves current satellite orbital data (when available) so that your satellite viewing remains as accurate as possible!
· Search and Locate - Looking for the ISS? Trying to find the North Star? Want to witness a satellite flyby? Use the search feature to select an interesting object and then simply follow the arrow to find its location in the sky.
· Landscape Astronomy Mode - Rotate your iPhone or iPod Touch into landscape position to quickly transform SkyView into full screen astronomy mode to see real-time readouts of Right Ascension (RA), Declination (DEC), azimuth (AZ), and elevation (EL). Use the RA and DEC values to help set up your telescope.
· Compass and Horizon - SkyView displays convenient compass and horizon indicators right on the camera view! Simply point the camera down to see a compass or into the distance to view a horizon line. It’s very easy to see when and in what direction a sky object will be visible!
· Lots of interesting facts - SkyView has thousands of fun facts about our universe. Just touch the sky object and discover!
· Gyroscope Mode (iPhone 4 and iPod Touch only) - If you have an iPhone 4 or iPod Touch you can take advantage of the new gyroscope. Get incredibly smooth, responsive and precise camera views as you aim the camera all around!
· Augmented Reality (AR) - SkyView accurately blends and animates 3D images of the sky objects within the camera’s view no matter what direction you are pointing. This allows you to see distant objects such as Pluto up close and personal.
What's New in This Release:
· Stability and bug fixes.
What's New in 2.1.1:
· Fixes issue preventing some from sharing captured images to Facebook
What's New in 2.1.0:
· Now optimized for the iPhone 5
· iOS 6.0 support
· Star visibility slider to increase or reduce the number of visible stars
· Increased render speed of 3D scene for a smoother look at the universe
What's New in 2.0.0:
· This update fixes a rare crash that could be caused when installing the previous version.
What's New in 2.0.0:
· SkyView is now universal! Run it on your iPhone, iPod, iPad 2, and the New iPad
· Easily capture and share snapshots of the universe through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email
· Thousands of new stars/deep sky objects added
· Added many more satellites and rocket bodies
· As you explore the skies, objects in your sights will be identified to you before tapping on them
· All new constellation artwork
· New 3D models for the International Space Station and Hubble Space Telescope
· Dramatically increased 3D graphics resolution
· App now runs in the background when exited and will not require a restart every launch
· Added Launch Center Pro and Launch+ URL scheme support (skyviewexploretheuniverse://)
What's New in 1.3:
· iOS 5.0 updates.
· Increased 3D object resolution for sharper graphics.
· Improved 3D graphics rendering performance.
· Increased heads up display resolution for a sharper display.
· Added the satellite TIANGONG 1 with additional facts.
· Fixed spelling errors.
· Fixed latitude/longitude display in Location view.
· Fixed many other small bugs you emailed us about.
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Fixed many bugs
What's New in 1.1:
· Minor bug fixes
· New name and icon
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
Astronomy - Oxford Dictionary Astronomy - Oxford Dictionary - Edited by renowned author and broadcaster Ian Ridpath, with the help of over 20 expert contributors, the second edition of this highly popular dictionary contains over 4,200 up-to-date entries on all aspects of astronomy
Star Walk for iPhone Star Walk Indispensable for amateurs and professionals, as well as for kids who are eager to learn, Star Walk will guide you through the night sky in style
Solar Walk Free Solar Walk Free - This app is a lite version of the popular astronomy software Solar Walk. It lets you explore Saturn, the sixth planet from the Sun, as well as its moons: Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Hyperion, and Iapetus, in 3D
Night Sky 2 for iPhone/iPad Useful astronomy app that allows you to quickly identify stars, constellations and planets by pointing your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch at them
Star Walk for iPhone Star Walk for iPhone - Star Walk enables you to point your iPhone at the sky and see what stars, constellations, and satellites you are looking at in real-time
Sky Above Sky Above is an iOS app which tells you where stars, constellations, planets and satellites are above you in the sky
HubbleSite HubbleSite, the online home of NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope, invites you to help choose the world’s most popular Hubble images. Get wallpapers, Hubble facts, and more.
Hubble’s vast collection of images awaits your critical and discerning eye
Space Images for iPad Space Images for iPad - Discover stunning images and videos of space, stars and planets -- including Earth and the sun! -- at your fingertips with the Space Images app from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a leader in robotic exploration of the solar system
Other Software by developer «Terminal Eleven LLC»:
Real Mirror HD Real Mirror -You have a NEW iPhone 4, why not use its new hardware features? Real Mirror HD utilizes the front facing camera to provide you with a mirror view that starts up incredibly fast
Flashlight Heavy Duty Flashlight Heavy Duty is a clean and simple flashlight application for your iPhone. We omit novelty functions many other flashlight apps have while focusing on what is important: stability and ease of use.
· InstaOn Light - No fuss instant light in under a second! Just tap the app icon on your homescreen and you will be amazed how bright your iPhone4 light really is
SkyView Free SkyView - Where will the Sun rise and set today? Is there a Full Moon tonight? Where is the Big Dipper? What is the name of that bright star? What are some fun facts about these objects?
SkyView Free is a powerful and easy-to-use application that answers these questions and more
Flashlight 3D Flashlight 3D - Works great on all iPhones (also uses LED light on iPhone4), iPod Touches, and iPads. Fantastic twist to just another flashlight screen application