Pictello is a simple way to create talking photo albums and talking books. Each page in a Pictello Story can contain a picture, up to five lines of text, and a recorded sound or text-to-speech using high-quality voices. Stories can be shared using iTunes File Sharing or via WiFi with other Pictello users through a free account on the Pictello Sharing Server.
Pictello is developed with non-speaking people in mind, so it is easy to use and requires no literacy skills to locate and read stories. Pictello offers an easy visual story creation wizard so everyone can use pictures and sound to share important moments in their lives. An advanced editor gives full control of the editing capabilities.
The current version includes North American English male and female voices. These can be swapped at no costs for British voices that can be downloaded through WiFi by Pictello. Pictello does not require an active Internet connection for story creation or playback.
Uses for Pictello stories include:
- Social stories to teach skills or to recall events
- Photo albums to allow non-speaking people to share their news and interests
- Sharing important events and memories with family who live far away
- Talking books
- Teaching narrative skills as part of a literacy or language skills curriculum
- Schedules, Task instructions, etc
What's New in This Release:
· Meet Jonas and Lea, the first German children's Text to Speech voices. Based on recordings by real children, Jonas and Lea provide natural-sounding speech for German stories. Co-developed by Acapela Group, AssistiveWare and Tobii Technology, these brand new voices are now available as free downloads in Pictello.
· New Australian English genuine children's Text to Speech voices co-developed by Acapela Group and AssistiveWare are also available, along with a new adult female Australian English voice. Liam, Olivia, and Lisa can be downloaded for free inside Pictello!
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Bug fix for crash when recording in Wizard mode, iOS 6 only
· Bug fix for crash when sharing server returns error
· Other minor bug fixes
What's New in 1.5:
· Meet Harry and Rosie! Acapela and AssistiveWare have partnered to create the first text-to-speech voices based on real children's voices. Harry and Rosie are British English voices.
· Introducing Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, and Australian English voices
· New voices for American and British English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Norwegian, and Swedish.
· New Expressive Mode voices - some of Acapela's voices now come in expressive versions such as Happy, Sad, Far Away, and Up Close. Download these for fun effects! Available for selected American and British English, French, Greek, and Belgian Dutch voices.
· New American English Character voices Hip-Hop Saul Texas Cowboy Micah, Evil Will, Little Creature Will, and British English Queen Elizabeth!
· Wood theme graphics optimized to take advantage of the new iPad retina display!
· Photos taken with the rear camera of the new iPad are now shown at high resolution for gorgeous stories!
· Introducing PresenterTouch - when an external display is attached and you're in mirroring mode, a small circle will appear wherever your finger(s) touch the screen. Participants in a training can now see your touches projected on the external display and no longer need to guess where you are touching the screen.
· Enhanced voice downloading reliability
· Other minor bug fixes and enhancements
What's New in 1.4:
· Share with non-Pictello users! Export your stories as PDF files, and share them with anyone using email, iTunes File Sharing, or by printing to any AirPrint-compatible printer.
· Export stories as PDF files to iBooks or other PDF reader apps.
· Rearrange your stories in any order within a folder.
· Added Turkish localization.
What's New in 1.3:
· User interface and in-app help localized in Spanish, German, French, and Dutch
· Additional free, natural-sounding Acapela text-to-speech voices can be downloaded for: Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English (North America, UK, and India), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Spanish (Spain and US), Turkish
Voice downloading improvements:
· Multiple voices can be queued for download
· Voice downloads can complete while you're doing something else in Pictello or when Pictello is running in the background (for devices that support multitasking)
Story importing improvements:
· When you export a story to the sharing server and choose to email the story code to another Pictello user, the recipient can tap on a link in the email to import the story into Pictello on their device.
· When you export a story to iTunes File Sharing, you can put the .pictello file into any iOS app that supports the Document Integration "Open With" feature, and have the story automatically imported into Pictello from the other app.
· When you import a story from the Sharing Server or from another app using Document Integration, the story automatically opens for reading.
· added Noteworthy and ChalkboardSE (bold and regular)
· Use recorded voice or text-to-speech for story title playback
What's New in 1.2.1:
· Automatically detects iPad 2 screen mirroring when using HDMI or VGA adapters.
· Now supports Component and Composite Adapters with the TV Safe area mode for external displays.
· Improved layout for story playback presentation mode on external displays.
· Adds option to scale small images to fill screen.
· Adds option to reset Pictello Sharing Server account password using either the username or the email address of the account.
· Various bug fixes.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)
DragMe DragMe - Be the Queen you always dreamed of - or just have a load of fun!
Darling, all your dreams of becoming a magnificent Drag Queen have just come true.
You've spent countless hours in front of the mirror wondering what you'd look like as a truly sumptuous Queen
TrueHDR TrueHDR Take better full-resolution pictures with your iPhone 4 or 3GS! TrueHDR expands the iPhone camera's limited dynamic range by automatically aligning and merging two photos taken at different exposures, with a result that has vivid colors and details in both bright and dark areas. You can also use TrueHDR to merge photos taken with another variable-exposure camera
Instant110 Instant110 is a photo app that takes toy camera and analog photo style pictures
Fotopedia Paris Fotopedia Paris - Dreaming of Paris? Now you can discover and explore the City of Light, as it’s never been seen – and without leaving your home. This application is gorgeous and fun, just like… Paris.
The first app of its kind. Fotopedia Paris is packed with visual surprises
Doodle Face for iPhone Doodle Face is a photo-editing tool that can turn decidedly boring pictures into amazingly hilarious ones! Fancy looking like a fireman or a lawyer? How would you look like if you were a cat? You can turn yourself into these, and more!
· 7 stamp categories including Hair Styles, Accessories, Festival and a whole lot of others (new categories added regularly)
A+ Round Pictures Camera A+ Round Pictures Camera - Seems that you like quality pictures, we also love them!
Make sure you see the corners of the pictures in our image previews.
After much demand we decided to work on this effect.
Luckily we found an algorithm that processes the images without damaging the original photo
Hipstamatic Hipstamatic - Digital photography never looked so analog. The Hipstamatic brings back the look, feel, unpredictable beauty, and fun of plastic toy cameras of the past! The Hipstamatic keeps the the quirks of shooting old school but gives you the ability to swap lenses, film, and flash settings all with the swipe of a finger
Ugly Meter - Baby Edition Ugly Meter. Is your baby as cute as you think it is?
Do you ever wonder if your friends just don't tell you the truth?
Do you have a friend with an ugly baby, and you just don't know how to tell them?
The Ugly Meter Baby Edition takes your baby's photo and scans the details of your baby's face to give it a rating of 1-10 on the Ugly Scale
gyroLens gyroLens - Ever have problems taking that perfect photo? Can't frame a straight shot? Need help getting a level image? Use gyroCam! This full-featured camera app has a killer new feature: it automatically levels photos in real time, while shooting
Other Software by developer «AssistiveWare»:
Proloquo2Go Proloquo2Go provides a full-featured augmentative and alternative communication solution for people who have difficulty speaking. It provides natural sounding text-to-speech voices, up-to-date symbols, powerful automatic conjugations, a default vocabulary of over 7000 items, full expandability and extreme ease of use