Comic Zeal Comic Reader Mini - Imagine holding your comic library in your hands; with Comic Zeal, you don't have to imagine.
Your iPhone is the perfect device for reading comics, but reading comics and manga isn't like reading books. You need a specialist application that can:
- Organize your comics by series, don't look through hundreds to find the one you want.
- Show you large covers, they'll tell you more than a title.
- Make it easy to move between issues when reading, you'll go through a few in a sitting.
- Reliably zoom in on content, not show you the same borders page after page.
- Be smart about what to show you when you rotate the device, many comics have a mixture of portrait and landscape pages.
- Load big images fast, you don't want to spend five seconds waiting for a page to load.
- Load your comics using USB, wifi or even from other applications that support file associations.
That app is Comic Zeal. It does everything on the list and much more.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed issue where some comics were not importing.
· Fixed the software rotation lock in the reading view (little padlock icon).
· Fixed occasional crash when switching between the list and grid view.
· Fixed issue where the little triangle on the left of dividers wasn't closing the dividers (although tapping anywhere else on a divider still worked fine).
What's New in 5.1.7:
· Added option to auto-sort a series when new comics are added to it on import.
· Added option to auto-sort the home page after an import.
· Comic Zeal will generate high resolution thumbnails when the device has a retina display.
· Comic Zeal will now try harder to find thumbnails to represent a series if there are dividers present in the series.
· Comics downloaded from bitolithic are no longer backed up.
· The 'new comics are western/manga' is infinitely more reliable.
· Fixed issue where holding down a button on the slider menu would bring up the options of the underlying entry.
· Fixed issue where a comic container text was blurry on a non-retina iPhone.
· Fixed a bug where comic dividers wouldn't accept comics if they had been tapped once after being created (were actually 'closed' but not showing it).
· Fixed issue where comics marked as manga wouldn't start on the left of the page if the zoom level was set to 'page fit'.
What's New in 5.0.36:
· Big update, new interface for organizing comics.
What's New in 4.0.25:
· Added an experimental 'Assisted Panning' option, look for it in the Settings.
· Added PDF support, you can now use Comic Zeal to read your PDF comics and documents.
· When importing a comic from another application it is now automatically opened when the import is finished.
· Added a setting to stop the controls being shown when the screen is tapped, only tapping the semi-transparent arrow will bring them up. Option is called 'Taps for menu'.
· Added a setting to stop zooming when the screen is tapped, only pinching gestures will perform zooms. Option is called 'Taps to Zoom'.
· When entering a new series name the title is now automatically capitalised.
· Increased speed of thumbnail generation for faster imports.
· Loading and resizing of the next page now happen in the background while you're reading the current page.
· Will now detect when you've dropped more files into iTunes file sharing, you no longer have to re-start the app. It's recommended that you don't keep on dropping files while it's importing though.
· If manga mode is enabled and you're zoomed into the page, when the next page is displayed the top-right hand corner is shown instead of the left.
· Improved page sorting. Some people were naming double page spreads by joining the numbers eg: page 10,page1112,page13. This condition will now be picked up and corrected.
· Fixed an issue where sometimes comics would show on the 'Downloads' tab but not the 'Collections' tab.
· Fixed an issue when moving comics. Under some conditions they used to not move at all, or only into folders with similar names, or only into folders with totally different names and sometimes the app would crash when starting a move. These should all be fixed now.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Zinio Zinio gives you access to thousands of the world's finest magazines, with full-color images in super high-fidelity, plus enhanced editions of select titles with audio, video and interactive extras