iSub is an iPhone and iPod Touch client for the popular open source Subsonic music streaming software (subsonic.org). Stream your personal music collection from your home computer to your device regardless of format. Subsonic will automatically transcode most file formats, and can even lower the bitrate to save bandwidth. Now you can have your entire music collection available at your fingertips, no matter how large, complete with album art and track information. You can even skip through tracks.
Also, Subsonic has an awesome web interface for sharing your music with family and friends. Even use it to listen to all your music at work!
If you're not already using Subsonic to stream you music collection to the web, getting setup to use iSub is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Install Subsonic to your Mac, Windows, or Linux machine (headless linux servers supported as well) using the instructions found at subsonic.org
2. (optional) Setup a free dynamic IP service such as DynDNS (dyndns.com) or, for Subsonic project donors, use your *.subsonic.com address
3. Point iSub to the web address or IP address of your home computer and start listening!
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed never ending loading screen in Cache tab when doing various functions
· Various other bug fixes
What's New in 3.0.8:
· Added support for native MusePack (MPC), WavePack (WV), and (APE) files
· Fixed some songs sounding like the chipmunks
· Fixed playback issues with non-standard Subsonic transcoding rules, and with songs with 0:00 duration
· Fixed all of the most commonly reported crashes from 3.0.7
· Fixed spinner on cover art not disappearing in player
· Fixed issue where a second at the end of the last song in a playlist gets cut off
· Fixed some issues with Jukebox mode
· Added EQ now remembers it was on last time when opening iSub again
· Added tap to cancel the server check
What's New in 3.0.7:
· Quick update to finish preparation for iOS 5. This update moves the music cache to an area that is not backed up by iCloud so that it will not take up all of your storage space!
What's New in 3.0.3:
· Fixes an issue where iSub will use 100% cpu power when put in the background that was introduced in the last update. If you've noticed your batter draining faster than usual when listening to iSub, this will clear that up!
What's New in 3.0.2:
· Fixed: server playlists not working in Jukebox mode
· Fixed: cover art not showing up until going back and forth to player
· Fixed: when set to auto show song info, right corner button doesn't show up
· Fixed: when set to auto show song info, there is a reflection on bottom when there shouldn't be
· Fixed: cached folders for all lowercase artists with "the" at beginning
· Fixed: switch servers with Jukebox mode on, background stays red
· Fixed: music playback when using an HTTP proxy
· Fixed: sliding long names went way to fast and too far
· Fixed: memory leaks with manual caching (caused crash when caching lots of songs)
· Fixed: Back button on lock screen now restarts song if more than 10 seconds into the song like the player
· Fixed: memory allocation issue when deleting large amount of items from current playlist
· Fixed: Clearing the whole current playlist now much faster
· Fixed: Properly handle the background task so iSub doesn't get killed for taking too long
· Fixed: Menu options were cut off on iPad when albums/songs/genres tabs were enabled
· Added: Display notification when 2 minutes are left until app is put to sleep when doing manual caching in the background
· Added: setting to clear art cache
· Added: setting to clear folder cache
What's New in 3.0.1:
· Fixed many small (and not so small) bugs in the 3.0 release
· Now you can pick music folders to display in the Folders tab and even server shuffle different music folders!
· Save local playlists to your Subsonic server! Also can delete server playlists.
· Optimized 3G playback for better performance
· Added Scrobbling support for the latest Subsonic version with a settings option to choose how far into songs to scribble
· Disable rotation if you only want Portrait orientation
· Added variable speed scrubbing in the player (slide your finger down for more precision)
· Increased audio buffer size to enable native ALAC support, stream ALAC lossless files over Wifi without transcoding or cache them to playback on the go
· Fixed speed issues loading the Cache tab
· Song info view in the player optimized for iPad
· Added play all and shuffle buttons to the cache, and offline mode Artists tab
· Increased the touchable area around the player slider, no more missing it with your finger because it's so thin
What's New in 3.0:
· Massive internal re-write for stability and to make it 1000x easier to add new features and fix future bugs (the least visible change that took the most time and has the most impact on the future of iSub)
· Full native iPad screen support with custom interface
· Feature walk-through video that can be watched in the Help tab in settings or by pressing the Watch Intro Video button on the intro screen on new app installs
· Airplay support -- stream to your Apple TV 2, Airport Express, or any Airplay compatible speakers wirelessly from your device
· New Home tab that will be expanded in the future
· Jukebox mode (use iSub as a remote control to play music on your Subsonic computer -- great for parties)
· Server searching for artists, albums, and songs from the Home tab without scanning anything in iSub
· Quick server shuffle -- easily create a 100 song random playlist from the Home tab without scanning anything in iSub
· View recent added, frequently played, recently played, and random album lists from the Home tab
· Easier adding of Ubuntu One servers (don't need to know the URL)
· Significantly tidied up the user interface, and now have a new app icon and logo
· Now pull to reload folders, replace the Reload button with a Shuffle button -- every folder now has Play All and Shuffle buttons at the top to quickly play or shuffle entire folders
· Added option to disable lyrics screen in the player overlay
· Added a quick-nav side letter index to the Cache tab
· Added a quick-nav side letter index to all large sub-folders
· Changed the network library used to load folders, should decrease load time and stop stalled loads
· Added a tap to cancel load when loading folders so you never get stuck in the case of network issues
· The current song's cache status is now shown behind the song progress bar in the player overlay
· Disabled the Albums/Songs/Genres tabs by default (re-enable them in the settings) -- until Subsonic has proper support for displaying the content of those tabs they have been disabled by default and are no longer recommended to be used.
· Tons of bug fixes
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
TuneWiki (iPhone) See LYRICS as you listen to your music library or the built-in Shoutcast radio player!