Shakespeare Pro includes all the features of the free Shakespeare app; the complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and a concordance search to find the exact word or phrase you are looking for.
· Enhanced text reading - Choose from a variety of color combinations, change font family or size, display long or short character names, and toggle line numbers. (NOTE: Line numbers are NOT the same between different editions of Shakespeare's plays, though they are relatively close. The Riverside, Arden, Folger, Shakespeare Pro and other editions all have slightly different line numbering due to the way the texts have been edited.)
· Scene Breakdowns - Get an overview of the scenes within a play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
· Tales from Shakespeare - A series of 20 short versions of Shakespeare's plays aimed at a younger audience.
· Bookmarks - In addition to remembering the last page you view for each play, you can save an unlimited number of bookmarks to locate that exact line you're looking for.
· Glossary - The most powerful new feature of Shakespeare Pro is a searchable glossary based on the bestselling lexicon by David & Ben Crystal, Shakespeare's Words. You can also activate the inline glossary to see all the glossary entries while reading the text. Simply tap on a word to see its meaning. (NOTE: The glossary is contextually sensitive, which means it gives you the meaning of the word in its specific context, not just a general definition. Scroll the popup window to see all the definitions.)
· Random Quotes - There are many memorable quotes in Shakespeare's works. Simply shake your device for a random quote.
· Portrait Gallery - Browse a gallery of famous Shakespeare portraits.
· Facts and Scansion - Read up on Shakespeare's life, data on his works, and and overview of scansion terminology.
· Additional new features include copy/paste functionality, scene navigation, and an auto-scroll function. The auto-scroll automatically scrolls the text as you read and you control the speed by tilting your device or even turn your device into a mini-teleprompter.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
What's New in 1.5.2:
· Bug fixes
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Folio/quarto speed optimizations
· Improved Concordance search results & stability
· Additional quotes (over 125 now)
· Added number of spoken lines for each character
· Added scenes for each character
· Decreased overall app size
· Fixed Shakespeare Passport bug
· Overall improved stability
· Minor long name & text corrections
· Cosmetic improvements
· Additional help & support information
What's New in 1.5:
· Added First Folio editions of 37 plays (with original spelling and font)
· Added First Quarto editions of Sonnets, Two Noble Kinsmen and Edward III (with original spelling and font)
· Added Third Folio of Pericles (with original spelling and font)
· Major overhaul to Shakespeare's Words glossary definitions, better identification of word instances
· Major update to editions of plays, including identifying each individual character (each messenger, servant, etc. given individual names)
· Added scene descriptions for every scene in every play
· Added character descriptions for every character in the works of Shakespeare
· Improved search results browsing and better results titles
· Expanded Facts section, fixed some text formatting errors
· Improved quote source browsing
· Fixed Shakespeare Passport flags
· Updated Shakespeare portraits
· Overall speed and stability
· Fixes to long character names
· Improved search speed
· Minor text corrections
· General stability enhancements and compatibility fixes
What's New in 1.4:
· Custom concordance search. Now search individual plays, sonnets or the complete works.
· Changed Scansion section to use UTF-8 diacritical marks.
· Fixed a navigation bug and UI enhancements, title bars.
· Fixed search bug when using quotes and set minimum character amount.
· Fixed sonnet audio when toggle is set to orientation (iOS bug).
· Minor text corrections & text styling for better readability.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Best of Abu alAla alMaarri Salamander E-Book Reader proudly presents a great collection of classic books. Enjoy the convenience of the digital E-Book Reader while capturing the essence of conventional books from your favorite authors
A Popular Schoolgirl Finally this book is available to read anytime and anywhere you like. No more hassling with carrying bulky books around, this easy to read copy allows you to read at your own pace, anytime, anywhere
Indian Summer by William D. Howells Finally this book is available to read anytime and anywhere you like. No more hassling with carrying bulky books around, this easy to read copy allows you to read at your own pace, anytime, anywhere
A Soldier's Sketches Under Fire Finally this book is available to read anytime and anywhere you like. No more hassling with carrying bulky books around, this easy to read copy allows you to read at your own pace, anytime, anywhere
Latin Poetry Book Collection The Latin Poetry Book Collection is the perfect application for those who are interested in Latin Poetry and its related writings
EngLits: Crime and Punishment EngLits are detail audio/text summaries of books and plays by Shakespeare, Dickens, Austen, Hawthorne, Bronte, and other authors that can be played on an iPhone or iPod touch
EZ Reader EZ Reader is a new but quite practical book reader
Other Software by developer «Readdle»:
PDF Converter Make PDFs from anything you have on the iPad. Save Word, Excel, Powerpoint or iWork documents, web pages, photos and even clipboard content as professional quality PDFs
Cannons This is a story about vicious pirates, great sea battles and enormous treasures
Terra Web Browser Terra is a fast web browser with tabs, full screen and other functions
Scanner Pro Scanner Pro transforms your iPhone into a portable scanner in your pocket