2011 CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment (iPhone/iPad) - Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insight into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic you will find concise, evidence-based answers to questions regarding both hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, cost-effective treatments, and more. The CMDT 2011 is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for iPhone and iPad with the following key benefits:
· Searchable index allowing you to quickly locate the information that you need
· Categories for easy reference
· Hyperlinks between words and articles
· History of already visited articles and terms
· Bookmarks - you can use the Bookmarks feature as a learning tool and create your own topics and wordlists
· Filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for
· Fast article scrolling MORE usable patient-care information in LESS text:
· A strong focus on the clinical diagnosis and patient management tools essential to daily practice
· Full review of all internal medicine and primary care topics, including gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, and ophthalmology
· The only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment
· Hundreds of drug treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices - plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
· Recent references with PMID numbers for fast access to abstracts or full-text articles
· ICD-9 codes listed on the inside covers
· Five online-only chapters available at no additional cost at AccessMedicine.com/CMDT NEW to this edition:
· Full-color photos and illustrations integrated with text throughout book, including much expanded dermatology and ophthalmology images
· Newly introduced topics: E. coli O145, floppy iris syndrome, and expanded coverage of H1N1 influenza A
· New information: emerging role for B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) as marker of early left ventricular myocardial failure, new approaches to correction of aortic stenosis and to aortic regurgitation in Marfan syndrome, risks of typical and atypical antipsychotic medications, and new hypoglycemic agents
· Substantial update on cardiology and hypertension, including use of stents and cardiac resynchronization therapy with biventricular pacemaker insertion, recent ACC/AHA criteria for appropriateness of coronary revascularization, use of prasugrel and clopidogrel compared with aspirin in prevention of stent thrombosis, dronedarone and catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation and dabigatran versus warfarin in prevention of atrial fibrillation-related stroke, as well as guidelines for developing an antihypertensive regimen
· Updated information on pathogenesis and treatment of immune and drug-induced thrombocytopenia, new investigational anticoagulants such as rivaroxaban and idraparinux, risk stratification and prophylactic regimens for deep venous thrombosis and venous thromboembolism, and a prognostic model for pulmonary emboli
· Expanded information on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, treatment of pharyngitis and laryngitis, approaches to the diagnosis of syphilis, diagnosis and complications with borreliosis and its coinfections, acute and chronic viral hepatitides, amyloidosis, treatment and prognosis of venous stasis ulcers, and therapy for heat stroke and burns
· Substantially updated treatment sections: HIV infections and AIDS and advances in therapy for breast cancer in women
What's New in This Release:
· Pinch Zoom in iOS 3.2 and higher
· Screen rotation in the word list
What's New in 3.10:
· Fixed bug with the Table of contents.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPad), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPad), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPad), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPad), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x, Apple iPhone OS 3.1.x (iPod Touch), Apple iPhone OS 3.2.x (iPad)
Phobias 500 Phobias 500 - What makes your heart pound, hands tremble and spine tingle with terror?
Do you have autophobia (fear of being alone), mysophobia (fear of germs), or dentophobia (fear of dentists)? You are certainly not alone
Nervous System - iPhone edition Nervous System - iPhone edition - This is a must have application for anyone studying anatomy. It has been designed for students from basic to middle level of anatomical medical knowledge as well as medical professionals
Poisons & Toxins Poisons & Toxins - A poison is any substance that is harmful to your body. You might swallow it, inhale it, inject it or absorb it through your skin. The dangers of poisoning range from short-term illness to brain damage, coma, and death.
This is a great application that discusses the most important topics in poisoning, toxicology, and environmental health
Family Doctor Family Doctor is a quick-reference health guide to your symptoms and how to deal with them - based on the well-known and time-tested medical tips of Home Medical Adviser.
Try the simple “yes&no” Q&A charts that will take you through your symptoms and will give you approved guidelines about what to do for your headaches or for your baby tummy ache
Skeletal System - (Original Series) - iPhone edition Skeletal System - (Original Series) - iPhone edition - Ideal for students and anyone interested in the human body and how it works. It has been designed for users with anywhere from a basic to advanced level of anatomical medical knowledge
Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2011 (iPhone/iPad) Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2011 - Specifically geared towards patient-care, this instant-access guide provides registered nurses with essential, up-to-the-minute information on the selection and administration of 1,000 commonly used medications