iUnarchive is an extension to other Apps like Mail, Safari and iWork. To open an attachment on the iPhone, you have to tap and hold the attached file's name until a menu comes up. Then choose 'Open in' and/or iUnarchive. Archives received or downloaded can be opened in iUnarchive with the 'Open in...' option. Files in the archive can be previewed and opened in other applications or sent by email from within iUnarchive.
Supported archives include zip, rar, 7-zip, tar, gzip, bz2/BZip2, LhA and StuffIt.
If an archive contains another archive, you can click on the nested archive and iUnarchive will open the nested archive.
File types that can be previewed in iUnarchive include JPG, PNG, GIF, XLS, DOC, PPT, PDF, RTF and iWork (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) files, but also a large number of text files and programming language source files which use syntax highlighting. Supported types include c, h, cpp, hpp, cs, html, css, js, java, php, py, rb, sql, xml, xsl and wsdl.
Files can be uploaded and downloaded with the following Cloud services:
* Mobile Me iDisk
* Box (.net)
* Google Docs (non-premier accounts cannot upload all file types)
(Large) Attachments are directly accessible from within iUnarchive for the following Mail Services:
* Mobile Me
* Yahoo! (uses the Yahoo! API)
* Hotmail (POP3, so no folders)
Files can also be downloaded from the Web using a Mobile Safari user interface.
- Does not handle password protected 7z (7-zip) files
- Does not support multi part RAR
· The full version does not contain iAds, offers the option to open the file (or zipped archive) with another App and can also be used on the iPad.
What's New in This Release:
· Polish translation
· Added the option to import Music to My Files
· Background music playing (of all audio files in the same directory), including album art and control from the lock screen
· Small user interface improvements
What's New in 1.7.1:
· IMAP / GMail accounts in iUnarchive did not show any folders / files on the iPad
What's New in 1.7.0:
· fixed a bug when creating a ZIP or 7-zip file on iPad 2
· fixed a number of user interface issues
Added to My Files (in an action menu, lower left corner):
· create (empty) file
· create folder
· import movies and images from the Gallery
Added functions in Edit mode from My Files (in an action menu, lower left corner):
· copy (to Cloud or My Files) - copies selected files and folders recursively
· email selected files
· copy selected movies and images to the Gallery
· edit file
· create archive (ZIP or 7-zip) has additional options (solid mode, header encryption)
What's New in 1.5.2:
· Universal build, also runs on the iPad with iOS 4.2
Supported operating systems:
Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.0.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.2.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 4.3.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 5.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 6.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPhone), Apple iOS 7.0 (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 8.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 8.x (iPod Touch), Apple iOS 9.x (iPhone), Apple iOS 9.x (iPod Touch)