Oxford English - The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on current English usage.
* Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
* Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
* Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
* About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
*** App features: ***
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Ability to add bookmarks to favorite words
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Convenient two pane design for tablets
* Fast article scrolling
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards
* Word games for easier word learning
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
Java ME, Java Nokia 240x320, Java SE 240x320
Duden Dictionaries for mobile phones PACK OF DUDEN DICTIONARIES FOR MOBILES Duden - German spelling dictionary, Duden - German dictionary of synonyms, Duden - German dictionary of foreign words, Duden - German explanatory dictionary Brockhaus Duden Neue Medien GmbH in Mannheim is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bibliographical Institute & F. A. Brockhaus AG publishing house
Wordnik Dictionary English dictionary meanings and examples for ALL English words. Translate to over 50 languages, to help you learn. (Need GPRS connection - very low data)
Msdict Electronic English Dictionary for Smartphone. It contains the definition of more than 40,000 words and clearly shows which words and phrases are actually used in the English language. In the program there is an explanation of grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation
saradic english to english The biggest and fastest mobile dictionary for English language that contains over 150,000 words and corresponding explanations
Offline English Dictionary Free Perfect dictionary of English language explaining the meaning of words. Shows results as you type • offline, you don't pay for internet connection • touch screen, qwerty and classic keyboard supported • thousands of entries • small file size (compressed)
Dictionary by Vikrant It's a free, offline, java, mobile, English explanatory dictionary application with approximately 34,000 word definitions that allows users to search meanings and save multiple bookmarks. Latest version of application supports touch screen & qwerty devices and allows changing of font size, theme and lots more. This light weight, easy to use app is compatible with all java supported phones