External Keyboard Helper - A non visible soft keyboard (Input Method) intended to be used with hardware Bluetooth and USB keyboards. It automatically brings up the Input Method dialog when Bluetooth keyboard connects or disconnects (on some devices this can also be made to work with USB keyboards). It supports a lot of different key layouts for non-US external keyboards.
External Keyboard Helper features:
· International keyboard layouts.
· Remaps the Escape key to BACK (optional)
· Allows you to control which characters should be treated as combining characters.
· A "null" Soft Keyboard to use with hardware keyboards (Bluetooth & USB).
· Automatically brings up Input Method selection dialog when Bluetooth keyboard connects or disconnects (Android 2.3+).
· Automatic detection can also work with USB keyboards on some platforms (experimental) (Android 2.3+)
· App that brings up Input Method selection (for easy access)
· Configure one of the function keys to turn remapping on and off.
· Can choose keymap automatically based on language setting in your device.
· In Demo version everything works just like in the Pro version except for the Space button which prints a message that this is a demo version.
What's New in This Release:
· Language switch key can now be any scancode
· Language switch onscreen message can now be turned off
· Fixed F1 to F10 in ConnectBot
· Ctrl+1 sends F1, Ctrl+2 sends F2 and so on up to Ctrl+0 for F10 for keyboards without function keys
· Fixed autodetection for more locales that uses the US layout
· Updated/Added translations
What's New in 4.2:
· Fixed/Added more keycodes (for Android 4.0.4 or later): Calculator, Calendar, Contacts, Explorer, Envelope, Gallery, Maps, Messaging, Music
· Added market keycode (for Android 3.0 or later)
· Fixed shift bug that was introduced in version 4.0
· Updated Romanian translations (Thanks Mtz!)
What's New in 3.9:
· Scancode reading when mapping keys and in the debug screen now reads scancodes before the input method.
· Added Neo2 layout (well at least most of it)
· "sticky" Shift/Alt/AltGr/Ctrl now toggles the state so a second press cancels it.
What's New in 3.8:
· Fixed brightness controls on some devices where the previous method did not work.
· Fixed capital F in Colemak layout.
What's New in 3.7:
· Fixed backspace-on-capslock mapping for Colemak. It also no longer needs "Override special keys" to work.
· Added custom keycodes to change brightness.
· Added standard English (US) and made it the default for en_US locale.
What's New in 3.5:
· Minor correction to Romanian standard layout
· Added Romanian Legacy and Programmer layouts
· Added Romanian localizations
What's New in 3.2:
· HOME can now be mapped to a key on the keyboard.
· Mouse devices that send keyevents should now not be processed.
· Added option to separate Alt and AltGr handling making it possible to map two extra characters to each key.
· Samsung keyboards with Samsung firmware now should have working CapsLock and AltGr without manual remapping.
What's New in 2.2:
· Fixed caps-lock in Android 3.0+.
· Fixed ctrl+character even if remapped.
· Always remap everything by default to avoid popups in Android 2.x.
· Added Latvian keyboard layout.
· Added Polish keyboard layout.
· Added Bosnian & Herzegovian layout.
· Added Croatian layout.
· Added Serbian layout.
· Added Slovene layout.
What's New in 2.1:
· Added Icelandic layout.
· Fixed minor error in Belgian layout.
· Added autodetection feature.
· May have made Bluetooth detection work on more devices.