Mango is a manga (Japanese comics) reader for BlackBerry devices. With Mango, you can read any of your favorite manga available on OneManga over-the-air through your carrier's 3G or EVDO connection, scaled down to your mobile phone's screen size and at significantly faster speed and better quality than the built-in Browser or Opera Mini.
Mango includes tons of features to make it easier for you to enjoy your manga on your BlackBerry, all packed into a slick, clean, easy-to-use user interface. Zooming in to view smaller text is a snap, requiring nothing more than a double tap of the screen, and Mango's touchscreen gestures allow you to pan around the image as well as switch pages with ease.
Mango's robust bookmarks system allows you to bookmark any series, chapter, or page so you can read it later. As you read a manga, you don't have to go to the bookmarks list to update older bookmarks, as Mango will do this automatically. · Full mobile access to every OneManga series
· Ability to view series details such as artist, ranking, categories, and summary for any manga
· List search makes it easy to find the specific manga or chapter you want, without tons of needless scrolling
· Supports portrait or landscape screen orientations
· Server-side transcoding strips ads and other unnecessary data from OneManga before sending it to the device, resulting in less data usage and faster speeds, and near instant delivery for cached data.
· Advanced bookmarks system with low memory usage per bookmark, sorting, ability to auto-update old bookmarks with new chapter and page numbers, and the ability to bookmark any series, chapter, or page.
· Touchscreen controls including doubletap to zoom, click to advance page, and swipe left/right to switch pages.
· Pageviewer automatically scales down pages to fit the width of your screen, meaning you only have to scroll up or down.
· Various configurable preferences for convenience.
· Recently Read screen shows the last 10 chapters opened, in case you forget to make a bookmark.
· Automatic update notification
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed issues where lists were not loading (caused by Mango Service's modified XML schema)
· Fixed annoying issue where magnifier would popup when you panned around the image (now, to show the magnifier you need to hold your finger steady)
What's New in This Release
· Bug fixes: Most BlackBerry OS 6.0 compatibility issues/bugs have been fixed. Scrolling in lists works with both touch and trackball controls. Jump-to works properly. You can no longer scroll past the top and left edges of a page.
· Speed: Improved the speed of the All Manga screen's "processing data" stage by about 60%. The "downloading data" stage still takes just as long as before. I am working on a caching system to make this less annoying.
· Improvement: Mango will now automatically connect using Wi-Fi if it is available. As a result, you no longer need to manually change this setting to read manga over Wi-Fi instead of mobile data.
· Cosmetic: Japanese menu backgrounds will now run vertically while in portrait mode, instead of running horizontally off the screen.
· Other: Fixed a few minor odd edge-case bugs and made tweaks to improve performance in some areas.
What's New in 1.6 / 2.0 beta 5
· Core: MangaFox Support! Mangable, MangaReader, and SubManga (for Spanish-language manga) will be available in the future. Bookmarks from OneManga will not carry over to MangaFox, sorry!
· Feature: [Bankai-only] A powerful search screen has been added, allowing you to search for a manga based on genre, title, and the full summary! You can include or exclude particular genres from your search, so if you want a comedy manga, but not if it's shoujo, you can find one!
· Feature: The manga details screen has been removed. Now, the chapter list will show a thumbnail of a manga's cover art, along with a snippet of the summary and author/artist. You can click See More to read further information.
· Cosmetic: Screens no longer have a plain white background. Instead, the splash screen background (the image when you first start the app) will be displayed throughout Mango's screens. If it is too dark for you to read text clearly, you can make it lighter from the Appearance Options screen. In addition, Mango will download additional backgrounds when you first start it, and will randomly pick one to use as the background every launch thereafter.
· Stability: Fixed several small bugs which could result in the app crashing. Tweaked Mango's http/networking code to improve download times. Xml parsing is now multithreaded to eliminate crashes from the event queue overflowing. Optimized animations and drawing code to improve redraw speed.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Supported operating systems:
RIM BlackBerry OS 4.6, RIM BlackBerry OS 4.7, RIM BlackBerry OS 5.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 6.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 7.0, RIM BlackBerry OS 7.1
Other Software by developer «LeetSoft»:
Mango (Android) Mango is a free manga (Japanese comics) reader app for smartphones