Powder release is a roguelike originaly developed specifically for the Gameboy Advance (GBA). It is not a port of an existing roguelike as the controls of the GBA are very different from the traditional keyboard, and the screen imposes some additional limitations. It is built around replayability and long term ergonomics, not short term learning. It uses actual graphic tiles (16x16) rather than the traditional characters.
* Your tame creatures now have a heart badge beside them to identify them as such.
* Switching to a different tile res will no longer cause a crash. (Inu)
* Building the tile choice list now comes from the internal allbitmaps.h rather than being hardcoded, so Ibson the Grey's tiles will show up as expected. (Inu)
* Entering a level with active lava/water from a level which has no active lava/water, when the new level is already created and previously visited this game, will no longer stop the updating of said lava and water. (Nathan Bogue)
* Hopefully backspace will work on OSX. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping in space prohibited if you lack spacewalk. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping when buried prohibited. (Nathan Bogue)
* Kobold thieves are pluralized properly. (Nathan Bogue)
* Living frosts are now bloodless. (Nathan Bogue)
* Digging upwards on special levels has more sensible results. (Nathan Bogue)
* Remove the console window on Windows.
* Shattered trees will drop their occupants. (Nathan Bogue)
* Items that fall down holes will no longer be mapped. (patch by Richard Quirk)
* PSP Makefile should be happier with newer devkits. (patch by Joe Buck)
* Left and Right on menus will scroll fast, just like L and R do, but this also applies to the command menu where L and R are the quick bind keys. (patch by Joe Buck)
* [SDL] Shift-arrow will swap with a critter, Alt-arrow will jump. (patch by Andreas Bohm)
* ctype.h is included in map2c.cpp now. (Ben Hjelt)
* New tileset from Chris Lomaka.
* One new room.
* Load game shows up first in the menu if it is available to make it harder to accidentally choose new game. (Enrique Garcia Cota)
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
RPG Paradise RPG Paradise
Barely a few days after pspsballer07 released RPG Paradise v0.02 for the community's consumption, the developer has just announced another update via the QJ.Net forums. This latest version of the RPG Paradise homebrew game carries these new features:
* All data except maps are stored in one file called data.pk3
Dungeon Master DS pre-alpha Dungeon Master DS is a pre-alpha release to give you a sampling of the DMDS Team's efforts for their RPG homebrew game for the Nintendo DS
Nethack DS Nethack DS This is a version of Nethack for the Nintendo DS. Copy everything inside the nethackDS directory in the zip file onto your CF card and run nethackDS.nds or nethackDS.ds.gba. To run this, you must have a device that can be written to by chishm's FAT library. As far as I know, it will not work in any emulator
Uncharted Lands Uncharted Lands - It's always refreshing to find homebrew developers willing to take a stab at the RPG genre for the handheld. PSProgramer recently released the second version of Uncharted Lands and added a ton of new features, making it much more playable than before
StillGots (by Dinacy) StillGots (by Dinacy)
For a Lua game, this is actually impressive. And for a while, you might actually believe that it's not done on Lua. StillGots is an action-RPG game from Dinacy in which you've got to collect three crystals in order to free your imprisoned lover, Lenna. As the levels progress, you're going to have to face it off with bosses in combat
Dungeons From Iron Hand:Dungeons is an mini RPG for the Wii with some WiiMote supports
Future-Resurrection by Zion has undergone a lot of significant changes since he came out with version 1.3. The game is now a 2D sidescrolling hack and slash adventure instead of an RPG type of game. Overhaul is an understatement eh?
First in a series of changes, we now know more about the storyline of the game
Maelstrom Maelstrom Alpha2 - Take a trip around the galaxy in the latest build of homebrew developer MadMax11's Maelstrom Alpha2 for the PlayStation Portable. The latest release of this space-faring RPG marks itself as the second alpha release and includes a lot of interesting new features