Deank Brings FTP Plugin Support for PS3: Transfer and Game At the Same Time - Plugins are about to be a pretty big deal in the PS3 scene. I know that because of releases like this one. Deank's FTP plugin is now out of beta and working well!
Following the release of U$er's Prx Loader proof of concept, deank began some work of his own. In just a few short days he has created what looks to be a pretty solid FTP plugin for Sony's current-gen console. With it, you'll be able to transfer large files to and from your system while taking part in other tasks. Want to play a mission in GTA V while transferring over a new backup? That's what this is for. Is uses PRX Loader 1.0 so please make sure you search for that in our downloads section too. The release notes are below!
vsh_ftp_server_prx.zip (27.16KB) (sprx+source)
* Added support for DATE/TIME when listing folders
* Added proper support for PWD, LIST, MLST, MLSD and MKD commands
* Added back "FEAT" command to help ftp clients negotiate the connection easier
* Added support for passive mode (PASV)
* Renaming of files/folders now work
* Increased send/receive buffer size a bit (reaching 9+MB/s)
* No longer a POC, but fully functional
ftp_server.sprx - 11 562 bytes
Pros: - PS3 FTP server on port 21 while in XMB/vsh/games (or port 8021 if 21 is used):
1) Browse, create, delete, rename files and folders
2) Send / Receive files
3) Full access to the PS3 filesystem
4) Speed: 7 to 10MB/s
5) Login: anonymous | Password: (anything)
6) Custom command: "SITE SHUTDOWN" will shutdown the ps3 (usually a prompt will appear at next boot to confirm that everything is ok) 7) Write access to /dev_flash (mounted as dev_blind)
My test: While loading "Beyond: Two Souls" I transferred 3 movies to /dev_hdd0 - 3GB each, without noticing game stutters or glitches
This is a fully functional plugin now.
Let me know if you can test it with @user 's PRXLOADER. (edit plugins.txt or rename ftp_server.sprx to my_plugin.sprx)
Thanks goes to @user for the great prxloader tool and cobra for the release!!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
WiiTCPLoad WiiTCPLoader is a simple utility that I got involved in, so If you have the Homebrew Channel or TCP Loader on your Wii console, with this tool you can send executable files (elf/dol or other) over tcp/ip protocol, and execute them
PSP-FTPD How about a second helping of a Zx-81 made program tonight? I knew you wouldn't say no
PspIrDA_0.0.2 Does anybody remember PspIrDA? For the guys don't, this interesting homebrew application allowed you to transfer files between your PSP and your cell phone, PDA, PC, and pretty much any device compatible with the application's protocol