Homebrew developer andyauff dropped by QJ.NET PSP Development forum recently and released his new creation Making a Legend. Those of you who lurk in our forums should remember that there was a certain thread looking for GFX creators for homebrew games. Well, Making a Legend is that thread's baby.
Anyway, the game is currently on Alpha version. Despite that, it is already packed with a lot of features and andyauff added that more will be included in the next versions. As of now, you can do the following in Making a Legend Alpha version:
* Select an enemy to attack on the grid by moving the selector and pressing X.
* Fight them by shooting bullets at them, decreasing their health from 100 by an increment of 5 at a time.
* You are supposed to get 100 gold when you defeat them, but I am still working that out (you'll get more than that)
* There is a shop where you can buy potions and megapotions, which currently have no use. The shop system does work correctly, though, and your amount of gold is saved automatically so even if you quit to the XMB, you will still have the same amount of gold when you start the game back up.
* There are 6 enemies on the screen, but you can fight them each as many times as you like- they don't go away even if you defeat them *yet*.
* No AI currently, as this is only an alpha version.
The developer would very much like to hear from the community about their thoughts on this homebrew game. So, let us all help andyauff out and give Making a Legend a try. Other coders included in this project are Deviant Savant and Bob Hoil.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Lemonade Stand v1.0 Lemonade Stand v1.0
Homebrew developer SavageSnip3r, one of the developers of the Tales of Symphonia homebrew, dropped by our forums to release Lemonade Stand v1.0. This program is an entrepreneur game where players have to earn as much money as they can given a set amount of time and limited start-up capital
Defence Tower Portable (Linux) Homebrew developer danzel dropped by our PSP Development Forums to release Defence Station Portable, a fully customizable Tower Defense game for the Sony PlayStation portable handheld system
Age of Empires PSP Age of Empires PSP
I've always loved strategy games. And Age of Empires would feature pretty high on my-favorites list. But I never expected anything like it to show up on the PSP. Well, how wrong I was!
CoderX has just made a clone of AoE for the PSP. Although it's more of a proof-of-concept, I can't wait till it reaches playable form
Warcraft 2D PSP You certainly know Warcraft, or even World of Warcraft, a game that is to change the character of a particular race. Well, now there is an adapted version to the PSP appointing: WARCRAFT 2D PSP
Lifemiiwii From homebrew coder Wilco2009 comes the initial release of LifemiiWii, a 3D adaptation of the Conway Game of life for the Nintendo Wii
Kingdom of War PSP PRE-R2 Kingdom of War PSP PRE-R2
Homebrew coder UnlimitedX has released a new version of his Warcraft-esque homebrewed game, Kingdom of War PSP.
KOW PSP incorporates many aspects of Warcraft PSP including the system for the selection of spells and control the character
Call of Duty 2: PSP Edition Call of Duty 2: PSP Edition
Sg57 has a nifty new homebrew offering for all PSP-toting FPS fans: the PSP edition of Call of Duty 2. This is his entry to this year's NeoFlash Spring Coding Competition
Celestial Cunning Celestial Cunning
Slicer4ever has released a new version of his Celestial Cunning on our PSP Development forums. With Celestial Cunning v0.2 has some changes that fans of the first might be interested to know