Powder Release 101 Jeff Lait's great homebrewed Roguelike game, Powder, just broke its 100th update (check out its 96th release here) and is now on its 101th version in order to commemorate the start of a (hopefully) another set of a hundred updates for Powder. It looks like some people were afraid that the 100th revision may be the last release of new content and versions of the game.
There's quite a handful of changes that come with this release, including Jeff's personal favorite, the nerfing of Soul Suckers. Check out the entire changelog, which is quite a long read, for the updates. Better make yourself a sandwich before reading it:
Release 101 changelog:
* Before I go any farther, I have corrected the spelling of recieve in Klaskov's description. (Rapacity)
* "Adventuring can make onE hungry..." (TemporalParadox)
* Items will fall down holes and be teleported by teleport traps. (Patch by Richard Quirk)
* Transparent spelled properly in Options menu (Michael Brough)
* Identify spell takes effect after inventory is cleared so you won't end up with the new name of the item clipped.
* Leaving the inventory by pressing the Inventory Icon will no longer consume a turn.
* The classic font has two pixel corrections (Markus Maier)
* You now have a choice of five different fonts, four of which have been crafted by Markus Maier. Default is one of his - a shadowed variant of the default font.
* You are now prompted to enter the dimensional portal when you step on it, avoiding issues where people didn't know they needed to climb into it.
* Loading a game that was saved with a from-disk tileset when you no longer have a valid from-disk tileset will no longer crash. (Markus Maier)
* If you are petrified while possessing a creature, you automatically release possession (with system shock) rather than ending the game. (wings)
* Uninitialized memory caused all creatures to be very noisy after a load, allowing you to sense them with H. (Deozaan)
* In memory of Nick Sabo's lost character, there is now an Option to Collapse the dungeon. This destroys all non-quest items on the floor of levels other than your own. Debug Info has been augmented to report your total item usage. This can be used to avoid memory problems on the GBA pending an auto-collapse mode. (Nick Sabo)
* 50% bonus to food value when eating corpses when you have the Butchery skill (Derek Ray)
* "The spear falls into the water" now has a period at the end.
* When you pray your current god is reported. (Brendan)
* When you load a game or gain a level as a Cultist you will receive the behaviour hint. (Beefhaze)
* Description of Soul Suck spell now uses amnesic rather than amnesiac as it is an adjective, not a noun.
* A new pointed medium weapon: Rapiers. (Terje Bo)
* You can now choose your gender at character creation. (Bridget Farace, Irashtar)
* Amnesia inflicted from soul suckers will end a few turns after the soul sucker is killed.
* New skill: Disarm.
* A bad pointer cast has been removed, hopefully will compile on 64 bit platforms now. (elcugo)
* The free spell slots and skill slots of creatures is no longer there hit and magic dice. Instead it is a much lower number. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of polymorphing into an Iron Golem as you won't have enough skill/spell slots to effectively use the new form.
* You can no longer use teleport control to teleport into Belweir's Library. (Derek Ray)
* Created a Wish action which is useful for debugging.
* Hitting up at the top of the inventory will bring you to the bottom of the previous column, and vice versa. This lets you iterate over your inventory by only hitting a single button. (Tim Allen)
Whew! That's a lot, and if you were eating a sandwich you would have finished it by now. Anyway, you can download the latest version in the download link below as always. Be sure to check out the readme notes before installation. Enjoy!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
PSP Power Pong P3 Art from our forums has released the third preliminary version of his lastest homebrew game, PSP Power Pong
Pointless Pacman v1e Get ready to enjoy more pacmania, because Art has just released Pointless Pacman v1e, an upgrade from Pointless Pacman version 1c, which we covered earlier
MasterXPiece Our own LostJared is on a quest - not only a quest to port anything he can get his hands on to the PSP, but also to use all his releases as teaching tools to get other people involved with programming for the PSP
Lemmings DS Lemmings DS by Team LemProject is an open source port of the original Lemmings on the Amiga
NOWELL "This night will be the last for the gramps
xRick Remember the xRick homebrew game that Troy Davis (aka GPF) released to the DS some time ago? We're letting you know that Alekmaul is now the current developer behind this project, and that the game's recently been updated to version 2
Bumper Car Mayhem Any homebrew coding competition brings a lot of good things to the community