Powder release is a roguelike originaly developed specifically for the Gameboy Advance (GBA). It is not a port of an existing roguelike as the controls of the GBA are very different from the traditional keyboard, and the screen imposes some additional limitations. It is built around replayability and long term ergonomics, not short term learning. It uses actual graphic tiles (16x16) rather than the traditional characters.
* Your tame creatures now have a heart badge beside them to identify them as such.
* Switching to a different tile res will no longer cause a crash. (Inu)
* Building the tile choice list now comes from the internal allbitmaps.h rather than being hardcoded, so Ibson the Grey's tiles will show up as expected. (Inu)
* Entering a level with active lava/water from a level which has no active lava/water, when the new level is already created and previously visited this game, will no longer stop the updating of said lava and water. (Nathan Bogue)
* Hopefully backspace will work on OSX. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping in space prohibited if you lack spacewalk. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping when buried prohibited. (Nathan Bogue)
* Kobold thieves are pluralized properly. (Nathan Bogue)
* Living frosts are now bloodless. (Nathan Bogue)
* Digging upwards on special levels has more sensible results. (Nathan Bogue)
* Remove the console window on Windows.
* Shattered trees will drop their occupants. (Nathan Bogue)
* Items that fall down holes will no longer be mapped. (patch by Richard Quirk)
* PSP Makefile should be happier with newer devkits. (patch by Joe Buck)
* Left and Right on menus will scroll fast, just like L and R do, but this also applies to the command menu where L and R are the quick bind keys. (patch by Joe Buck)
* [SDL] Shift-arrow will swap with a critter, Alt-arrow will jump. (patch by Andreas Bohm)
* ctype.h is included in map2c.cpp now. (Ben Hjelt)
* New tileset from Chris Lomaka.
* One new room.
* Load game shows up first in the menu if it is available to make it harder to accidentally choose new game. (Enrique Garcia Cota)
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Project Sheratan From Aerthel:This Project (though is not the same as before, i'm keeping the name) aims to create a Card Battle engine for RPG games on Nintendo DS, mimicking the Baten Kaitos series's card system
Powder release 107 for PSP Powder release 107 for PSP - Homebrew developer Jeff Lait recently released another hefty set of updates to the dungeon crawling homebrew game Powder. The current build clocks itself as release 107 and adds a lot of new features taken directly from the users' feedback.
Most of the new additions center mainly on gameplay and visual tweaks
Warcraft PSP Online Warcraft PSP relies heavily on the world and the gaming system of Warcraft and World of Warcraft . The longtime fans of these two games meet again in their bearings and parts will not be too disoriented
Traveller RPG demo - 22/04 Traveller RPG demo - 22/04
Psilocybeing from our forums has released a Work-In-Progress demo version of his 'Traveller' homebrew game. The game is set to be a tactical online space MMORPG, using the PSP's WiFi
Nethack DS Nethack DS This is a version of Nethack for the Nintendo DS. Copy everything inside the nethackDS directory in the zip file onto your CF card and run nethackDS.nds or nethackDS.ds.gba. To run this, you must have a device that can be written to by chishm's FAT library. As far as I know, it will not work in any emulator
Future-Resurrection by Zion has undergone a lot of significant changes since he came out with version 1.3. The game is now a 2D sidescrolling hack and slash adventure instead of an RPG type of game. Overhaul is an understatement eh?
First in a series of changes, we now know more about the storyline of the game
Maelstrom Maelstrom Alpha3 - Homebrew developer MadMax11 has released Maelstrom Alpha3 for the Sony PlayStation Portable. We see quite a number of changes with this space RPG's third release including the addition of five random missions on each planet which have replaced the pub system in the previous version
Moovlin RPG Episode 1 (Source Code) Moovlin RPG Episode 1 (Source Code)
It's always a challenge developing RPG themed homebrews on the PlayStation Portable. However, jfig111 has announced his upcoming project based on the Flash-based RPG he created called Moovlin RPG Episode 1
Payks 3D-RPG Demo Payk from DCEmu has released a small demo for his upcoming 3D-RPG game for the DS
Comments on Powder release:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if Powder release supports it