Team Duck Productions
Date Started: July 23rd
Date Finished: July 31st
(I originally entered this in the psp-programming.com competition, but they were disorganized so I decided to just release this for the hell of it...nearly a month later)
I was thinking one day about what I should make...so I thought back to my starcraft days. I remembered playing 'use map settings' and there were a bunch of user-made games that got dubbed the name 'Bounds'. These bounds were usually a series of obstacle courses, and you had to get through the different obstacles to get to the next level. They were very fun because you had to use a combination of quick thinking, and team work with your fellow players.
So anyways, I decided to make my own little Bound.
The initial plan was to have multiplayer, but for now I have a series of single player maps.
The code at its current stage is completely user friendly because I figured this could be a community project. The code is based entirely on the variety of colours in a map. You can make maps very easily in mspaint(or any other image making program), and submit them to email@example.com, I will do my best to include them in the game.
Some restrictions for maps.
- The image must be 480x272(It can be bigger if you need it to...just ask me first)
- If you're going to make an obstacle, make sure it's a solid colour(or a series of solid colours), for example, if you want the RGB code (200, 200, 200) which is grey, to kill the player, just let me know :P.
- By default, (255, 255, 255), which is black, will kill the player no matter what. Your boundaries should be black.
- Send all maps to firstname.lastname@example.org, include a vivid description of how you envision the map and I'll do my best to bring it to life. Also, please include a rating of 1-10 on how difficult you want your map to be.
D-PAD/CROSS - Navigate throughout the menus
Analog - Move the mouse around
Cross - Click where you want the player to move
- The level selection screen flickers
- Some text positioning is a little off
- The boss is a little messed up
- Tons of optimizations to the game itself are to come
- Multiplayer mode is on its way
Madness - Thanks for being helpful!
CampbellFF - Graphics Extraordinaire :P
Insomniac - Fontloader
Psilocybeing - Graphics Library
Dark_Alex - conf.c/h
John_K - mp3player.c/h, and for porting libmad
Raphael - You're a good guy, and an awesome coder. Always helpful.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
PokeInfo A very useful Pokedex homebrew application for Nintendo DS
Taque-Beta 0.4 Two players go head to head having control over each of the R and L buttons
Atoms:DS Objective: Destroy all the other players Atoms