Just a few days after announcing that they managed to sniff out the Illuminati exploit for PSP firmware 3.50, the Noobz team is letting the community know they've hit pay dirt - the firmware 3.50 firmware downgrader is here! Now we can all have a slice of homebrew-heaven as this'll allow all commercial Sony firmwares to be downgradable back to firmware 1.50 - the gateway to Dark Alex's Custom Firmwares.
The team further notes that the downgrader is for firmware 3.50 - which means those wanting to downgrade must upgrade to the said firmware first. Fanjita's downgrader includes a port of Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for firmware 3.50 which will automatically detect existing PSP motherboards, and will take the proper steps for the downgrade. As a recap, the Noobz team advises users to have the following ready:
1. A PSP, upgraded to the official Sony v3.50 firmware. You should also set your language settings to "English".
2. A legal Lumines UMD, either the EU (ULES00043) or US (ULUS10002) version. The original, Platinum, or Greatest Hits versions are all fine. Support for the Japanese version will come soon.
3. Sufficient intelligence and english language skills to be able to carefully and thoroughly read the instructions.
4. It would also help if you've previously run the Illuminati Hello World, so that you're familiar with how to run the Illuminati exploit.
Of course, considering it's still in its early stage of development, risks can't be avoided. So Fanjita and his Noobz team issue these warnings:
* Any downgrader carries some risk of permanently damaging your PSP. We've done everything we can to remove as much danger as possible, but if you choose to use this downgrader, you are accepting all of the risk involved. Nobody else will be held responsible for any damage to your PSP, howsoever caused.
* Recent Sony official firmwares (3.30 onwards) have included checks that block upgrade from previously-downgraded PSPs with TA-082 or later motherboards. If you use this downgrader on such a PSP, you will lock yourself out of official firmware updates - although you will still be able to use new OE firmwares when they are released. We intend to release a tool to allow a return to official firmwares in the future.
* This software is provided free of charge, so that you can use legitimate homebrew on your PSP. You are explicitly prohibited from selling it, or using it to pirate commercial games or applications. If you want to play a commercial game, do the decent thing and support the developers by buying it. If you don't, then YOU are contributing to the death of the PSP software industry.
Full installation and usage instructions should be available in the bundle Downgrader_HOWTO.txt file - we strongly advise users to read that very carefully before doing anything else. Another thing to note is that this exploit is a "secret" kernel mode that, according to Fanjita, they've been hanging on to.
Also, this groundbreaking exploit was made possible thru the aid of many figures in the PSP homebrew scene. Fanjita wishes to give credit to the following:
* Everyone who has contributed to the ps2dev.org toolchain, without which none of the Noobz software would ever have been possible
* Archaemic for his original input into the Illuminati exploit
* Dark_AleX and Mathieulh, for their work on custom firmwares, HEN and the downgrader core
* The various websites who continue to develop and support the homebrew community. You know who you are, and we're not going to stir up site politics by mentioning any specific sites.
That's it for the moment, although the Noobz team's other future projects include a fix for guys stuck on PSP fw 3.10 or 3.11, and an eLoader for v3.50 HEN.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Free McBoot Looking to trick out your PS2 with homebrew and backups? SP193 is back with a brand new build of Free McBoot!
As a console, the PS2 is certainly starting to show its age
RSPsar Dumper The prolific homebrew developer Red_Squirrel (also the creator of Time Machine Configurator and CTF Manager) has just informed us that version 3
Flashmod X PSP Homebrew Developer Ichigokurosaki of the Nobis Development Group - the group that brought us Flashmod - has dropped by our forums to inform us of their latest project, Flashmod X Alpha Backbone
PSP ButtonHook for FW2.71 You gotta love this dev 0okm, he has been banged up several times in the comments section and he just bounces back in the scene as if nothing happened
Comments on PSP Firmware 3.50 downgrader:
Comments not found
If you noted an error or download link is broken, please, report it via this page or use comments.
Please, select device to check if PSP Firmware 3.50 downgrader supports it