pspmp3 is, quite simply, an mp3 application. And while the developer has admitted that it's not one of your "life-changing" programs for the PSP, it served a learning experiece for him as a coder. Some things you might want to know:
* only supports 500 files being read, with 200 char long paths
* only supports 200 different albums, with 50 songs each
* only supports 300 different artists, with 60 albums each
* only supports 100 subdirectories in each directory
* doesnt handle mp3's without ID3 tags very well but the developer is still looking into it
The developer is at work with new features for the updated version. This will include, as he states, fast-forward/rewind functions, PSP pseudo-sleep mode (while mp3s are still playing), random song playback, and mp3 visualization. Anyways, here's the controls:
* L shoulder- switch between currently playing list and media library screen
* R shoulder - bring up playlist menu
* X - play song (while on currently playing screen) or add artist/album/song to currently playing list (if on media library screen)
* Square/Circle - previous/next song
* Triangle - pause song
* Left/Right - switch between artist/album/song categories while on media library screen
* Select - exit
There have been some mp3 players for the PSP in the past, and here's another one that you can use. The interface is quite easy to follow, and the themes are skinnable. The problem with the ID3 tags is a bit iffy, but we're hoping to see an update soon enough.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Coverflow For those of us who want just a little bit more style in the way we use our Sony PlayStation Portables as MP3 players, then homebrew developer sony_psp_player's handy app, Coverflow, should be just the deal for you