PSPChristmas is just around the corner, and it seems that it has made the PSP homebrew community alive or kicking. Of course, it's just my zany theory that's most likely wrong, but I sure find it interesting that we've been receiving more repports of new homebrew creations, And well, more homebrew means "happy happy" for everyone, right?
Anyway, we just heard that agent_dark64 from our forums just released a beta version of his project, **PSPShark** CWCHEAT. Basically, this one's a "cwcheat-like program" that works on all devhook emulated fiormware versions from 2.71 above. Also, this one has a GUI. Do take note, though, that this one needs 8 megs of memory, which is great as it enables users more searching options. Also, this version needs devhook v1.51 to work.
Here are the dev's notes that you might want to check out first:
* For Devhook Install:
* Just run the installer exe and follow the on screen instructions.
* For Custom Firmware Install: (note, this is untested, may not work)
* NOTE: Do this at your own risk, always have a way to recover your files back if it bricks, especially the pspbtcnf txt files.
* You will need to run the installer and install it for devhook (that means you should extract the devhook files on the memory stick before this if you don't have devhook installed).
* Next you will need to install the pspShark.prx file (after the install it will be in the (MS ROOT)/dh/05/kd/pspShark.prx) to your flash (whereever the other devhook plugin files are normally placed).
* You will then need to update the pspbtcnf txt files to add the pspShark.prx to boot up (BE CAREFUL OF THIS).
* Now when your psp boots up, you will need to have the memory stick in (the one you had in your psp when you installed pspShark) because it will have put some images in the (MS ROOT)/dh/kd/pspShark/Images/ folder and the pspShark.prx references this directly to the memory stick at this specific folder.
* If pspShark cannot find the images on boot (so for example, you didn't have the memory stick in the psp), the menu will be disabled and you won't be able to use pspShark, however the psp won't brick for missing images.
* pspShark itself (as in pspShark.prx) does not write to the flash in any way.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games, please, read FAQ.
Kangaeru Exit Gameplay All of us in one or another are always thinking of a way out - eating your veggies, going to the dentist or even taking a bath
Mac OS X Leopard If you found PlayStation Portable homebrew developer bladefinor's portal of the Apple OS cool, you'll be glad to know that the coder has released a brand new build for Mac OS X Leopard
Castlevania - Dracula X - 100% Complete (JP) PSP Saved Game Installation:Unzip this file then Copy and Paste the folder into your SAVEDATA folder on your PSP (accessible by: My Computer > Removable Disk > PSP > SAVEDATA)
PSX2PSP PopStation is the name for one of those fake PSP-looking gadgets that play bad versions of Tetris, but the PopStation that talks about PSX game emulation is something we definitely love
SGKeyDumper Need to dump some PSP savegame decryption keys for cheating or hacking? Check out this brand new plugin!